It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

egyptian calender and 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Perhaps, using mid we come to "Fire in the middle" or "In the midst, Fire".
Either way, "firemountain" or "in the midst, fire" gives me pretty good indication that the Pyramid represents a Volcano along with the Phallic nature of a Volcano...The life giver who "lays the layers of the earth".

Except... "pyramid" is an "Englishification" of a Greek word that was a "Greekification" of the original word in ancient Egypt for pyramid... "pr". "Pr" also means "house."

Pyramids weren't built "Just anywhere." They were built in cemeteries (the whole of Giza plateau is a huge necropolis with 3 major pyramids, at least 9 pyramids for queens, large boat burials, bunches of temples where offerings and prayers for the dead were said (and written), and hundreds of nobles, court officials, and laborers buried there.

Each of the pyramids has a "real name" inscribed on monuments and temples around it (just like our cities have large buildings with names like "The Sears Tower' or " The Empire State Building".) The Giza 3 are (roughly) "Khufu's Horizon", Khafre is Great", and "Menkaure is Divine." (Khufu's horizon, the Great Pyramid, refers to Khufu as Horus the Hawk, who flew to the horizon when he was hatched.)

This would also fit into their creation story, the land appearing in the midst of the primordial sea, the "light" to all the people.

I'm pretty sure that the people weren't created before the land was in Egyptian creation stories. Khepher/Aten gave birth to himself, then to the land, then the gods, and THEN come people and animals.

Another thought, is that in recent times, perhaps Pyramid is a contraction of Pythagoras...Noting the similarity of Ouros in the name....who was said to frequent the Heliopolis.

Maybe also, Pi Ra Mid...with the golden ratio and all

The term, "pyramid" was in Greek before ol' Pythagoras showed up to boggle us all with geometry... and the ancient Egyptians didn't know about pi. They knew the ratio 22/7 but it wasn't terribly special to them. The Rhind mathematical papyrus shows them dong calculations with it (and doing them the hard way) about a 900 years before Pythagoras came along.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd. I always look forward to your expertise.

In regards to the creation, I meant "the light to the people" as solid ground to create on or something sure as opposed to just water. I didn't make that clear...forgive me.

In regards to Pythagoras, that was just speculation as to the modern term "pyramid", not the original word. The original word was Pr and that meant pyramid, or was that just the word for ordinary "house"?

Peace and thanks again.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

like to hear more on this theory

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow - everyone on this thread would do well to read up on their Zechariah Sitchin... *prepares for flaming, gets out the marshmallows*

Alan F Alford, 'Gods of the New Millenium' (1996) offers some fantastic progression from Sitchin's theories regarding the interconnectedness of ancient mythology throughout the different cultures (Maya, Egyptian, Olmec, Hurrian etc). Well worth a read in combination with other sources on such things.

Incidentally there's a conspiracy theory that says Alford publicly retracted many of the ideas he put forward in the book due to CIA and international multi-agency pressure...

It's all Sumerian baby..!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join