It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi all, bored at home and started thinking about something that probably will be pointless lol.

If we only use or know a portion of our brain and the rest is unmapped/unlearnt how do we learn of what the other unlearnt part is, since our brain is used for learning amongst other things, if the brain
already doesn't know what it is how are we supposed to learn on what it does ?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is a common misconception. Many people state that we only use 10% of our brains, or 15%, or maybe 20%.

We actually use the vast majority of our brain, if not 100%. One variant of the myth states that we only use 10%-20% of our brain at any given moment, which is also shown as being false. I am not an expert on this by any means, so any other members out there that can give more details would be welcomed and appreciated.

10% Brain Myth

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
while the 10% is a myth, it's also true that the full power of the brain is not exploited by the majority of people. it's not really so much about nurons or area's of the brain, it's more about the the strength of the connections in the brain.

it's true what they say, the brain is a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is how you develop your brain(mind) that determines how much of it gets used at any one moment. Most are able to develop it to a certain degree. Others are able to go that extra mile to develop it more fully so that a higher percentage is used at any one moment. And a select few....well needless to say, need a lot of help with developing their brain (mind) power. Not that they can help it, because they can't. I don't wish to seem insensitive to them, because I'm not what you'd call a "rocket scientist" myself. I'm somewhat on the low end of the middle strata myself.
But I do okay.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wonder what is to be said of people having NDE's with reportedly NO brain function.

Somehow, I think the brain, is or is part of an extra dimensional censoring device or system put into effect by the nature of the 3rd dimension.

sorry if this seems off topic, its just what naturally popped into the brain upon reading the thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is no way we are using our full brain for sure, part of the mind is in league with the brain and that gives us the abilities for us to have the emotions on this level.

I think what is left dormant is either a challenge for us to discover or is the next step in the evolution cylcle or maybe (stretching here) ascendency).

Will we ever discover our full brains usuage, people say they can use telekenetic powers, RV or have premenitions and some people say that we are using all our brain power, if that was the case then everyone should be able to utilise these traits.

That it not so in my belief

top topics

join