It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism and meditation can someone help me please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Im only 16 but i really like to think about religion quite a bit as well as other things important in life e.g. why things happen and so on but i was reading a meditation book yesterday and i was reading up on buddhism snd meditation

if im honest im not much of a meditator but i want to learn about it as much as i can really because i know its something that we as a whole should probably do or atleast try it and im not very educated in buddism or many eastern religions

can i get a bit of help please from ATS members on the subjects of
buddhism
spirituallity
meditation please because its something im interested in and probably should learn about and i know i can just click on the internet for stuff about it on wikipedia or something like that but i have a bit more faith in you guys to help me a bit better and educate me further

thanks anyway guys

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You should read "Book of secrets" by Osho. It provides details of 112 meditation techniques. The book is well written and every technique has been explained in detail.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i think you should try it with a fresh set of eyes. just go for it. you can always come back and read about it later.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have half heartedly tried this and obviously failed.....you need to dedicate to meditate....

I will say that (personally) you do not need a religion to practice meditation but just follow your own true path - be good and the rest of it...meditation can apparently cure illnesses etc and the mind - theres a big thread on Chakra meditation on this site...

go here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Yes i really want to do it and well because like you said their is the ability to cure illnesses and so on

i really believe the power of the mind is an incredibly important and powerful thing and we all have the ability to cure diseases naturally and without western medication and pills

also i know about the religion aspect because i dont really have a religion right now tbh but ive been thinking about buddhism and that

all i try to do is have good intentions that i follow like being nice to people as much as i can and i try to have good karma aswell

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The key is discipline.

And you don't need to have hours on end to meditate, but you do need to set aside at least 10 to 15 minutes per day at the same time.

We are all just energy, somehow we can see it in the reality we are in now. Most of us perceive with our physical eyes, which can easily be deceived.

We have all the answers within us I truly believe this, but we are seem to be caught in a world of distractions and chaos, but through meditation we can start to calm ourselves and see our inner truths.

Goodluck now just take your time.

top topics

join