It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange piano riff when accessing some pages on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Has anyone else experienced this. I was just browsing the thread **important message to my fellow conservatives** Please Read...and a note like the one you hear if receiving an email in outlook express started playing about once every second. It ended when I closed both open windows on ATS. I have noticed it one other time several weeks back also. Anyone else notice it?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hmm..I tried browsing that thread and didn't hear any sound or anything strange. Maybe it was one of those good ol' annoying ads with sound?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Man I'm about to get litigious on ATs if one more of those congratulatins ads scares me again so help me I will file for damages!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I agree! I always keep my volume at full blast while on the computer, and a random "Congratulations! You have been selected.." never ceases to make me jump. But I haven't heard any ads that sound like what you described either, so I can't help ya. Good luck though!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ive had something similar over the past few days, i had been doing some downloading and had inadvertantly allowed a search bar to be installed, on IE, after getting very stressed at this weird noise i sussed it was the pop up blocker.

Edit to add:: I just opened the thread you linked and it didnt do it, so probably not the same thing.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by whoswatchinwho]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Maybe you all have synaesthesia?

top topics

join