It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Vs. U.S.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Russia to deploy short-range missiles near Poland

MOSCOW – Russia will deploy short-range missiles near Poland to counter U.S. military plans in Eastern Europe, President Dmitry Medvedev warned Wednesday, setting a combative tone that clashed with global goodwill over Barack Obama's election.

In his first state of the nation speech, Medvedev blamed Washington for the war in Georgia and the world financial crisis and suggested it was up to Washington to mend badly damaged ties.

Medvedev also proposed increasing the Russian presidential term to six years from four — a change that could deepen Western concern over democracy in Russia and play into the hands of his mentor, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who has not ruled out a return to the Kremlin.

news.yahoo.com...

Ive been watching Russia for the past few months, As I am sure that most of you here on ATS have. What is Russia really doing. i mean sounds like this goy is trying to get a couple more years, but for what? He must have some kind of "Big Plans". I have thought about U.S.A. and Russia going to war read a few threads on the subject. Personally i think neither would be left if it came to that, so the issue of Russia moving anything explosive to combat anything of ours isn't that cool. I know that they are trying to prevent the US from doing anything over in "eastern Europe." What are we over there for. I dont like sticking my nose in ther folks buisness. MessOnThePTB!!!

I live close to a certain AirForce Base and i am kinda worried that on day ill see a flash and then be left with nothing more than my memories. Ive been contomplating moving. Dont know though. What do you all think about it should I move or am I just Paranoid???

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MessOnTheFED!]

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well here's the thing. Instead of pulling our troops back after the cold war ended we pushed them further into their face as the pieces of the old Soviet Union broke off. Almost like a slap in the face. These guys hold a grudge for sure and at this point I think war with Russia is inevitable. Its not war with Russia Im concerned about. Im worried China jumps in with them. We will be in trouble then. Big wars happen after big financial issues. Financial Panic of 1907 led to FED and ww1. Great depression to WW2. financial issues in the late 80s then gulf war. recession of 2000 led to Iraq and afghanistan. So history shows wars happen after financial issues and it seems the bigger the issue the bigger the war. I see WW3 coming real soon. Within 5 years.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Push comes to shove, the Chinese will break out the Sun Tzu and sit it out. After all, the Americans do not share the same borders with China as does Russia.

They sit back, we and Russia wipe the floor with each other, and they find themselves in the driver's seat.

After all, usually it is Western powers against Western powers whose battles and wars are the most destructive.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Same old, same old Russia. Nothing to worry about.

We may be entering a new cold war of sorts, but Russia and the US certainly won't directly go to war with each other.

As for Russia's motives...for some reason they believe that they have to do the exact opposite of the United States simply to act as a counterbalance. It's pretty stupid if you ask me, something akin to cutting off the nose to spite the face. The world would be best served by Russia and the US working together.

I had real hope for that during the 90's and early part of this century, but Putin turned out to be a cold war man at heart and Bush was the idiot I thought all along.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Russia will be facing a massive and more critical financial crises than they are now owing to the dramatic decline in oil prices. Forget about them, the last thing Putski has in mind right now is funding agression beyond their borders.

Next up?

Bama's first real test. Over 50% of Mexico's federal revenues come from oil. If oil stays at circa $60 the Mexican government is CERTAIN to face a significant financial crises within 6 months. This will eventually lead to a massive amount of Mexicans making a run for the US border.

And you can bet the US Latinos didn't vote for McCain - do the math.

JK

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That puts my mind at ease a little. still wandering, being this close to a base, if i need to get the hell outa dodge?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Russia vs USA = Everyone dead.
Russia said they would do this months ago.
If Poland went ahead with the missile defense shield.
It is no big deal, its simply a strategic move that any country would have to make.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's the Illuminati vs Russia... and I hope Russia wins. I've had enough of this crap, and I'm glad Russia is shooing the Western-Illuminati from coming near them to put their greasy hands on the East.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

yeah, Russia. That bastion of liberty, freedom, and integrity. The next time the Russian government does something that is in the best interest of not only their own people but the entire world will be the first time.

And that is going back to the Romanovs...

new topics

top topics

join