It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences at your local polling stations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I did a search and didnt find any threads about this yet so I guess I will be the first.

Today I went to vote and I also drove my mother to her precint so she could vote as well.

I took her first Then dropped her off at her house and went to my precint to vote.

I was expecting HUGE lines as all I have heard lately on the news is how long the lines have been all over the country for early voting along with election day.

Abyway, when we pulled up to the place where my mom was to cast her vote there was no line what so ever. We walked in to the gym ( it was at a school) she was able to walk right up to the table and show them her voters registration. There wasnt even anybody inside casting their vote.

IT took all of 3 minutes...

Fast forward to me going to vote. I arrive at my precint and once again there is nobody there. I also walk right up with no wait. I ask the lady if it has been busy today. She said there was a bit of a rush when the place first opened at 7 AM but its been real slow since then.

I found that odd as I was expecting a long line. I thought id have to wait for an hour or something.

Although I am pleased I didnt have to wait.

Me and my mom voted at around 3 PM and I voted at around 330 PM.

It went smoothly. My moms precint had you cast your vote on a computer and mine had me cast my vote on a paper ballot.

I suppose it could be that people are just waiting untill they are off from work.

Anyhow, I was just wondering about everyones experience with lines or just your experience in general at your polling stations.

How did it go for everyone?

Dust

[edit on 4-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Voted around noon , whole process took about 5 minutes. Kind of anticlimactic.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Please see the following thread.

Preemptive ATS Strategies For A Smooth Election Day(s)

Thread closed.

join