It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Releases Clean Medical Summary Hours Before Polls Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Palin Releases Clean Medical Summary Hours Before Polls Open

voices.washingtonpost.com

Just hours before voters nationwide were to head to the polls, GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin released tonight a two-page summary (PDF) of her medical history.

The letter, dated Nov. 3 and signed by her family physician, Cathy Baldwin-Johnson, who is on staff at the Providence Alaska Medical Center, says that the Alaska governor is in "very good health" and has "no major medical problems."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
media.washingtonpost.com

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I find it strange that it took this long for Sarah Palin to release these records. I don't know if it is because it is the day before the election and she is healthy. It is sort of a useless fact at this point, but it really makes one wonder why it took so long.

DocMoreau

The additional News Link is the link to the PDF file of the records...

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Maybe it's a "shot" at her "rival party" for not releasing records?

Anything to win! You knowwhatimean, obviously.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarSeaman

excuse me? I am not sure what you mean...
Obama's records in May:
Barack Obama ‘in excellent health,’ his doctor says
McCain's records in May:
Medical records state McCain fit, cancer-free
Biden's records October 20...
Democratic VP nominee Biden releases medical records

Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:16 India Standard Time....
Palin releases medical records on U.S. election eve

Certainly at the very last minute, but as you say, 'anything to win' I guess.
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hmmm... I am surprised that this 'breaking political news' is not more exciting to the ATS general population.

Am I on partial global ignore or something?
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I don't understand the fascination that people have with the medical records during this election. I guess I can kind of understand but the only ones that concern me are Biden and McCain due to their age.

They only have to make it for 4 years. I would guess that anything terminal would be known about in the younger candidates. You can pretty much tell by looking at Obama and Palin that they are healthy enough to make it for 4 years.

The focus on the medical records just seemed odd to me this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

No you're not, but here's the thing.

It's election day.

This kind of stuff has zero relevance at this point. People have heard all they can hear, and if they haven't made their minds up yet, they probably aren't voting at all.

It's up to the people now, so we are just sitting back and waiting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

This kind of stuff has zero relevance at this point. People have heard all they can hear, and if they haven't made their minds up yet, they probably aren't voting at all.

Thanks to both of you for letting me know that I am not on ignore...

I agree that the medical records have little or no relevance in the minds of voters at this time. I just don't understand the amount of time it took them to release a 'clean bill of health'. So for me, it not the records themselves, but the amount of time it took her handlers to get it out does not bode well for the McCain Campaign.

As late as 2pm on November 3rd, the pundits were wondering where the records were. It is only because they were told that the records were forthcoming a week ago.

blogs.abcnews.com...

November 03, 2008 1:56 PM

When it comes to the release of her medical records, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is starting to remind me of that great 1993 New Yorker cartoon in which a man in an office talks to someone on the phone, looking at his date book, saying, "No, Thursday's out. How about never -- is never good for you?"

It was on October 22 when Palin told NBC, “My life has been an open book. And my life is an open book today, and Americans deserve to know the background, the associations, the affiliations of a vice presidential candidate. I’m willing to continue to be an open book.”

I don't know. It just seems fishy somehow to release the document in the middle of the night before the election when it could have been done anytime in the last two weeks at the very least.

Makes me not trust anything Palin says.
DocMoreau

top topics

join