It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling after a near-death experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yesterday I guess I had a near-death experience of sorts…

I was not injured or sick or anything. Rather, it was a near car-crash. I guess that doesn’t qualify as a near-death experience but still, it made me feel weird.

I was driving, and I did something stupid and risky. As a result, I was almost t-boned by a huge SUV that managed to screech to a stop inches away from me.

Afterwards, I was slightly shaken up for maybe 20 seconds...Not really scared but more like a “that was close”. I pulled over and got a coffee, and continued on my way.

As I was driving away I thought to myself that it was kind of strange how I wasn’t really that nervous after coming so close to getting squished. At that moment, I felt this immense calm…It was strange…I felt like I had nothing to fear in regards to death. I can’t really describe it, but it was almost as if a force was telling me that it wasn’t my time to go and that’s why the car didn’t hit me. It sounds crazy but it’s almost like I heard a voice in my head- but not a voice…More like a feeling…A feeling saying that there are things that I’m supposed to do before I die and that I’m being watched over to make sure I do those things.

It’s weird…I’m somewhat religious but not that much. I believe in spirits but I’m still kinda skeptical. But I gotta tell you…That was one of the only moments in my life that I felt like there was a higher force there protecting me. It was really strange, but it felt really good at the same time.

Again, I try to put it into words but it’s hard…It’s almost like I knew I wouldn’t die. I knew it wasn’t my time.

I don't want to make it sound like I think I'm supposed to be somebody important or something...I don't think that about myself at all. It's just a weird feeling that I had that came to me almost instantly. It's nothing something I was mulling over as I drove away.

So strange...But also good at the same time.

Has anyone ever experienced something like that?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ya, I have felt that calm too before - many times

This one time, when I was in the Navy, our ship had completed a period of repair in the shipyard, so we took the ship out to sea for "shakedowns...I was off-watch and at my little bed in the sleeping quarters rifling through my stuff o get a piece of paper I needed to signed when I hear on the PA - "Flooding in the engine room, flooding from the shaft seals." ...That is very bad, to say the least. I paused what I was doing for a second and looked over at my fellow who was getting into his sleeping area to organize it and said "What the hell do we do about that? Just die?" and he said "Yep." and I went about what I was doing like nothing happened. -- Turns out it was a little baby leak and was caused by the seals reseating when we dove, the gentleman who reported erred on the side of caution so no one got injured.

That's the "funniest" one that is okay to talk about, I think.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Actually, I'm sorry to inform you that you are dead and none of us can see your thread. We're sorry the information had to come to you this way but you know how bureaucracy and public policy are. It's no better in the upper realms.

Just kidding. The serious note here is don't get arrogant now that you've had your possibly first conscious contact with your spirit guides and guardian angels. Take some time to get to know them and you'll find your life richer than before.

They can help you in more ways than you can imagine. Meditation is the place to start. Look for signs all the time. They are everywhere.

join