It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not only is it hilarious that this isn't all over the news, but you gotta love the way Obama's media reports it.

blogs.abcnews.com...

ABC News' Teddy Davis, Sunlen Miller, Tahman Bradley, and Rigel Anderson report: Barack Obama's nuanced position on same-sex marriage is on full display in an MTV interview which is set to air on Monday.

Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."

LOL, its nuanced huh? It appears that anytime I democrat takes a position that isn't in line with the narrative, its "nuanced".

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am gay and I believe marriage is for men and women. But I do believe in civil unions so gay couples get all the same rights as a married couple e.g being able to visit partner in hospital emergencies, tax advantages, all points which Obama makes in his MTV interview. He is against changing the marital law to allow gay couples, instead going for the easier solution which is a civil union.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that all four of them - Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin are not in favor of same sex marriage. At least that's what I've read. Of course - they are politicians and will flip-flop in the blink of an eye so there may be info out there that says opposite .... but anyways, that's the last I heard.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is no surprise. Like FF said, all 4 candidates are opposed to same sex marriage... They have said it and written it.

So, a blog reports the position as "nuanced" and you make a thread about it???

Man. :shk: One more day of this nonsense...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
From what I've read Obama is personally against it, but he thinks it's the states that should decide.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
With everything that is going down in our country ...and abroad ..I really think this is the least important thing we should be concerned about right now ..

I know it is important to some of you ...but come on lets take care of the really important issues first .......that concerns us all ..like the economy and the brink of world war 3 ....those issues are way more important to the whole of humanity ...at least in my opinion ..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

You're 100% right. This is the least important issue in this election.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What "nuanced" probably means is that although he is against same sex marriage, he wouldn't be against some sort of civil union that provides the same kinds of economic advantages but without some of the contreversial rights (say..adoption for example)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

who cares who gets married and the ligistics of it? everyone deserves the right to marry the one they love. obviously the straight community isn't doing so well on the marriage front, half of all marriages end in divorce these days anyways so why not let same-sex couples get married maybe they can teach the straight world a thing or two about commitment. and youre right there are more important issues at hand so let everyone have the right to the freedoms that are supposed to be guaranteed to them by the constitution and then they too can put their energy toward issues that affect the rest of the world.

top topics

join