It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones and the money bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Earlier in the year, I recall that Alex Jones of PrisonPlanet.com started a Money Bomb, in order to raise funds to build a state-of-the-art television/radio station. I believe the requested sum was in the order of $10 million.

As my memory serves Mr Jones had details of this collection on his website for a number of days and that at least half a million dollars was collected when I last looked at his site.

However, since that time, I have not heard about the end total of this money drive. Nor have I heard if Mr Jones is planning on actually building this state-of-the-art studio he suggested he would.

So, can any of my fellow ATS members shed some light on just how far Mr Jones got with his plan.

Also, assuming Mr Jones is running his news agency as a profit generating organisation, would it seem somewhat hypocritical that he is such a vehement defender of free markets and people's rights, yet requires people to send him money in order to build a profit generating radio/television station and offer nothing in return?

I for one would be keen to hear what my fellow ATS members have to say about the issue.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

Also, assuming Mr Jones is running his news agency as a profit generating organisation, would it seem somewhat hypocritical that he is such a vehement defender of free markets and people's rights, yet requires people to send him money in order to build a profit generating radio/television station and offer nothing in return?

How do people not get this?

Websites cost money. The people that work for him cost money. Doing a radio show costs money. The building they work from costs money. There are thousands of things involved with what he does that require money.

Asking for donations has absolutely nothing to do with his ideals regarding free markets or peoples' rights.

Please grow a brain.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by alaskan]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I make no judgement on if this a 'scam', but he said on his show he raised $250,000, and one of the things he is going to spend some on is phonelines so that people can call in and listen to the show (some people can't receive radio)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Are you bereft of eyes in your head and a brain in your skull?

That is certainly the premise that you leveled at me!

Do you not notice the copious amounts of advertising that is splashed all over his various websites? Do you not hear the advertisements that broadcast over his radio show?

Are you so inept as to not realise that these "advertisers" pay money for the privelidge of putting their information on Mr Jones' sites, etc.?

That's how Mr Jones currently pays for his little empire. My question, is what happened to his money bomb?

Why did he not bring us up-to-date- with it?

Or are you going to be one of these people that defends Alex, regardless of whether or not he has taken donations and not informed the paying public of what he has done... It sounds like he is emulating the BBC to me... and we all know what a bunch of communits they can be!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'd like to know how much you think it costs to make, advertise, and release just one movie of the same quality as the ones coming from jones and the people he helps.

Seriously, do you think he's making millions off of radio commercials and banner ads?

I'm guessing he didn't bring us up to date with the money bomb because in the scope of -wanting- something like 10million, the fraction of that he ended up with could be seen as a failure.

None of it was hidden, there was a graph on the websites.

There wasn't a big money bomb celebration because there wasn't really a money bomb.

Call his show sometime and ask him instead of asking people that have no idea...

new topics

top topics

join