It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Tennant of Dr Who leaving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
David Tennant, who is currently the tenth Doctor on the British hit series Doctor Who is leaving after he completes his four hour long specials in 2009.

www.imdb.com...

When the fifth season of the new incarnation of the series returns in 2010, there will be a new producer, Doctor, and companion(s).

I had thought Mr Tennant would do one last season, but it isn't too much of a shocker. The average stay for an actor in the role is three seasons. Tom Baker (seven seasons) and Jon Pertwee (five seasons) starred in the role for the longest times. David Tennant and William Hartnell will have slightly more than three seasons under their belt. The late Mr Hartnell did a few stories into the fourth season before retiring due to poor health, and Mr Tennant will have the extra episodes outside of the regular season.

Who would be the next Doctor? I can't wait to find out as there are several names being mentioned in the link above.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this on the BBC site, which has the story, interview video, etc including possible replacements.

Besides the names BBC news lists as possible replacements (and they even include the odds), I've seen discussions that Robert Carlyle will or has been picked as the next Dr Who.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Paterson Joseph looks to be the odds on favorite as a replacement. I also think the choice will be up to new producer Dave Moffett. It will be interesting to see the specials and where the direction the series will take under a new producer.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was never too taken on Tennant. I thought Ecleston was so much better, more pazzaz, whereas Tennant always had a "deficient" look on his face.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
26 year old actor Matt Smith has been chosen to play the 11th Doctor. He is a relative unknown, and has had small roles in a few TV movies. The message boards at imdb all seem to hate the idea, not even giving the young man a chance. I will reserve judgments until I see him as the Doctor.

join