It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone been to Mongolia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm going to live there for at least a year after I get my undergraduate degree -- I know its hardly a travel hot spot, but if there's anyone who's visited, I'd love to pick your brain about Mongolia... a u2u will be suffice.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i've never been there but read about after reading this. the siberian tiger, the world's largest felid, once roamed
there. what part of mongolia are going to be in?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've read a fair bit about it, the food sucks, unless you are a mutton fanatic...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Never been there but, I met a girl from there in Hong Kong and she was a hotty....nuff said on that. Ah by the way, don't refer to any of them as Chinese. My girl got offended by that.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One of my good friends stayed with a nomadic tribe on the outskirts of the Gobi for a couple of weeks. Didn't say much about it, possibly bs. He's a Ruski though, said he's been all over Russia. Possibly more bs.

I also knew a oriental looking girl from the Lake Baikal region of Russia. She didn't speak much english but I did find out that she had been to Mongolia once or twice. I guess it's a fairly well travelled place despite its final frontier demeanor.

*EDIT: This Baikal Russian was also a hottie. Maybe there's something in the water in that area. I definately have to check it out.

[Edited on 3-30-2004 by insite]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
one of my teachers in high school went there and was in a village and two 300 pound mongolians tried wrestling him as it was some custom for visitors and they just beat the guy to hell.

top topics

join