It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
How bad is the censorship on this site?

I've not seen too much of it (except where it was warranted with the Oct spaceship predictions) as of yet... but, as anyone who has watched my posts knows, I enjoy studying propaganda and thought manipulation techniques, and I had a thought:

If you had damaging evidence that would lead to a questioning of legitamacy of ATS, would you get banned for posting it?

I'm not saying I do... I'm just thinking this might be an important question to ask before I get deeply involved here...

A site that will let you question the very website itself, is going to be a decent place for the free-flow of ideas...

Where would ATS draw the line?

any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
seriously? No input?

I'd really appreciate a lil help on figuring this one out... I'm trying to gauge the level of my participation on this site lol

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Post it and see what happens. If you have something to tell that we all need to know it is your bloody duty to do so!

Seen some threads become erased throughout the years on ATS, but those did not add anything to the debate except pointless hate-mongering against ethnic groups and political camps...it is a sort of censorship, but not a harmful one, just keeping the quality of the debates on a reasonable leven I guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Every once in a while people will post threads that pretty much call out ATS as being some sort of evil entity (it varies depending on the poster). Usually those threads end up being locked.

I think ATS is about as open of a site as you will find but I don't think they allow too much criticism of the site itself. Calling out ATS and posting about drugs seem to be pretty frowned upon.

I would imagine if you find some crazy damning evidence, you would probably be better off starting a blog about it. Because if it were true, I doubt you would get far with it here.

John Lear has made some pretty wild claims about the management of the site and those claims never really seemed to hold any water.

So.... it is up to you but I think you will find more fruitful topics out there to discuss.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
cool thanks guys!

Like I said, I wasn't saying I had anything, I'm just stating that its a good test to put to anyplace you plan on spending some time...

Kinda like when you find a girlfriend, and think about if you would introduce her to your parents

sort of the like...

So i'm getting its a pretty free flow of ideas, but watch ur butt right? lol

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

So i'm getting its a pretty free flow of ideas, but watch ur butt right?

I would say that is a fair assessment. Play by the rules (T&C's) and don't bite the hand that feeds you and you should be A-OK.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
And by the way, welcome aboard

its not a one liner !!!!!

(run away, screaming)

dont forget your tinfoil hat

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This thread covers all your questions/issues. If it's not there, please feel free to ask.

Thread closed.

top topics

join