It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian SpaceCraft Hieroglyphs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've seen it circulated here at ATS many times. The Hieroglyphs of supposed space craft in some tomb in egypt. I've recently heard in a documentary including these hieroglyphs that the text on the same quartered section with the images of space craft, mean nine. Yes, simply the number 9.

Does anybody know anything more about this? Was the documentary wrong? Has anybody even heard about this?

Hope to hear back from you guys soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i don't do allot of Egyptian stuff, but my thoughts are that the number nine might mean something related to an ancient calendar of some sort. but thats just my thoughts. ive never seen the documentary you speak of but it sounds very interesting.

fr$@k-accident

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Those Glyphs can be found at the temple of Abydos.
Here is a site that discusses them with a pic.
LINK

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
I've seen it circulated here at ATS many times. The Hieroglyphs of supposed space craft in some tomb in egypt. I've recently heard in a documentary including these hieroglyphs that the text on the same quartered section with the images of space craft, mean nine. Yes, simply the number 9.

Does anybody know anything more about this? Was the documentary wrong? Has anybody even heard about this?

Hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Are you talking about the documentary with Zahi Hawass? Where Richard Hoagland was wearing some stupid headset, and acting like he "discovered" those glyphs (what a jackass...)

This webpage may explain the mystery of those glyphs:
members.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Egyptians did a pretty decent job of drawing helicopters, ufos and what looks to be the USS Enterprise

Interesting glyph, does anyone know what the "official" explanation for them is? Im assuming swamp gas and balloons are out, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Their claim is that a overwrite to change the name in the glyphs done by my namesakes hubby Ramesses II was responsible for the mistaken appearance of these items.

I am not buying it... at least not in all these cases.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

The problem with "mainstream" thinking on Egypt is they just cant answer any of the questions.

Almost every modern engineer will tell you the design precision of the Giza pyramid EXCEEDs modern tolerance. They had no carts to move the stones yet somehow they moved them from miles and miles and miles away to the site?

They didnt have enough trees to use trees and if they had used trees they would have starved, not only that but the trees would have been pulped to mash before even 1/100th of the stones could be moved so they wouldnt need a constant supply of trees for 20 years (this time is hilarious also).

Then we have the "ramp building". First lets consider that they are suggesting it was built in 20 years, thats the modern line on this. Anyone with half a brain would tell you it would have taken 80 years or more using the methods suggested, however lets let them have their fun a moment here.

So, ramp building, building ramps (keeping a nice gradient) higher and higher for each layer of the pyramid. Now if you get to the height of a third up, the length and work required to notch that ramp up becomes so time consuming it would double the building time of the pyramid.

I also like the idea that there isnt a single hieroglyph or drawing which depicts the building of the Giza pyramids, not one? I mean hello?

I really think the Cydonia connection has far more merit.

Cario was named after Mars after all, and guess what? Mainsream history couldnt even get that much right, they claim it means "victorious", actually going back it mean "Subduer" which was the name given for the god of destruction signified by the.

GIven the geosymetrical smymilarities and the fact that archeology and modern science can only talk garbage about how the pyramid could be built, ive got to say theres a lot of indications that theres more relation to Mars than we know. Im assuming they didnt have telescopes that could see the marsian surface at cydonia so its not like Giza could be based on Mars.

I definately think it was meriting further study but sadly NASA are to busy playing government patsy for that

ohhh and I forgot, they lined the pyramids up on almost a perfect line with the poles, to a degree of accuracy that they could never have managed with the technology they had.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is the problem I have with the glyphs at abydos.
normally the picture quality is poor and small in size.. the website I linked has a large image. If you click on the picture you get a bigger one with the option to expand it. If you look at it in full resolution you see quite clearly that the overlay does indeed seem to be responsible for the shape illusion of the "helicopter" glyph. It kills me to say this because I have loved these glyphs since the first time I saw them but our job here is to deny ignorance and flights of fancy and sadly it seems that on close high resolution inspection those glyphs are not what they seem. at least some of them.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Sure, if we take the glyphs as an isolated event. Im not convinced on this either because while the helicopter is tenuous im pretty sure the space ship looks pretty damn spaceship like to me, thats a lot of typos.

Either way you can throw the challenge to science to state how they could feasibly have built the great pyramid at Giza.

It has very little sinkage, implying an astounding understanding of geology and foudation which simply has no evidence in Egyptian history. Ok, im giving them that, coincidence, they got luck.

The tolerance of error is BETTER than modern engineering in how it was lined up. Ok, ill give them thatm egyptians were very lucky.

They lined them up with almost perfect line to the poles, perfect to the tiniest fractions. So, ok, lets say they got hugely lucky again.

No way could they move the stones without some kind of equipment, none has ever been found, ever been mentioned or heard of. So, maybe call Mulder and Scully for this one.

They managed to get those stones built up the height of two scyscrapers with no sign of a ramp, no impressions, no foundations, no debris, no mention of it.

Really there comes a point where logic and reason just cant defend the position. Either the egyptians were the most freakishly lucky people on earth and build them through the most staggering series of coincidences, and then line the other ones up the same via another set of coincidences and wild luck, or we are missing a chunk of the picture here.

And to suggest they did so in twenty years, I believe that requires laying a block a minute (total rush job considering its geometrically perfect).......

I just can reason that out, mainstream theory is laughable on the construction of Giza, you have to accept the most phenomenal luck and coincidence within a frame of time thats beyond thinking, and then the thoery works. I just dont buy it.

People always talk about proof but apparently that doesnt apply to something as simple as justifying how something was built.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You guys are missing the question of my OP.
I asked if any of you could confirm what I heard in a documentary, that the hieroglyphs besides the images of 'air borne' craft mean or make up the number 9.

I really did not want this thread to go into how the pyramids were built. That's a debate I've seen too many times, and the opposing sides are relentless.

I'll ask my question again: Have any of you heard that the hieroglyphs besides the images of supposed helicopters and flying vehicles makes up or means the number 9? If you've heard of that, what do you suppose the significance of the number 9 was to the ancient Egyptians?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
sorry I know nothing about any glyphs being anything resembling or adding up to the number 9. Sounds like a random theory to me. Ramesses II was the one said to have done the overlay and knowing what I do of him there is no significance between him or his time with the number 9.

Hope someone else has more info on it.. sounds like a random theory to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hello :-)

I wrote a thread about this:

in the 3rd post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Nia Wind

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is it me or does that glyph above the space ship look like a tank?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Your thread has nothing to do with my question NW111, thanks for trying though. Interesting thread you made there however.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

What are you looking for? "truth"? Im not sure where you find it, what it means depends on what its modern translator wants it to mean. They cant even correctly translate the word Cairo, then they tell you that the glyphs are typos, and then you want to trust them as an authority of egyptian glyphs?

What if half the things they "established" were typos? I mean if this kind of thing goes one as often as they claim when its convenient, im assuming its gone one elsewhere?

Baseline is you could probably find five answers to the question you ask, none with more claim to right than the other.

Do you like meaning nine? If so then take it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I found this significance of 9

more 9 (scroll to bottom of page)

9 Muses – 9 Gods - The Greeks honored nine muses, who personified and inspired the full range of the arts and sciences of humankind. Going back further in time, the Egyptians honored a company of nine “gods, “ or neteru, their Ennead of nine manifest principles, a trinity of trinities, which emerged from four pairs of unmanifest gods to oversee the world’s ongoing creative process. The Egyptians saw the whole of humanity, which they symbolized by the glyphs for “nine archers’ bows,” as subject to the ninefold rule of the Ennead. The pharaoh, their representative on earth, was often symbolized by nine bows. This same symbol is referred to in the name of the vulture Mother Goddess Nekhebet, “she who binds the nine bows,” or unites all people and so was called “the father of fathers, the mother of mothers.”

And yet more 9

As for the show you mentioned, no Idea.

Link to picture of Egyptian glyphs of flying machines

Scroll through this site...there are TONS of references and links
sciforums

[edit on 10/29/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thank you JustGeneric!
How wonderfully informative!

If the Egyptians believed in 9 Deities and had symbols for them all over their kingdom, it would make perfect sense that on the same slab in which the supposed space craft are etched on, would be a reference to 9.

Curious... how very curious.

What did they know?

Star for you my friend!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ok.. you mean the number 9..sorry misunderstanding

i dont know.. numberologie is not mine *kidding*

but in those old scrips stands:
a spaceship lys under the sphinx

so..
maybe some hieroglyphs would show us the way to this ship.

Nia Wind

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

There is also a very old game, called Nine Mens Morris which comes out of ancient egypt, many ancient boards were built into the pyramids and city areas.

new topics

top topics

join