It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CANDY RECALL in canada Bad Coins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Home --> Food --> Food Warnings --> Bad Coins

Bad Coins

Claim: A recall was issued for foil-wrapped Pirate's Gold chocolate coins because they contain melamine.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, October 2008]

With Halloween fast approaching comes a warning to parents and kids regarding Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold milk chocolate coins imported from China. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning the public not to eat, distribute or sell the candy.

It is sold across Canada by Costco and may also have been sold in bulk packages or as individual pieces at various dollar and bulk stores.

The chocolate contains melamine which is the same chemical responsible for killing several babies in China, and sickening thousands more.

Flag this so our kids don't eat them at Halloween
ty

[edit on 28-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I do not understand why this is in Skunk works

We were made aware of this situation by all three of my childrens' schools. We will be going through all candy at our house. I think it is total crap that our kids candy can be laced and no one gets held responsible. I would say this crosses the line, but they did that back with the lead paint.

Thanks for posting it. Now will someone please move this out of Skunk Works?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

well i tried posting it in news..but i always get error not long enough story or something.

i didn't know where to put it
but it is important.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
sorry it double posted

[edit on 28-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'll u2u a mod to see if they can move it for you.

This is important, and should be in the news section. I see they just found out that their eggs are tainted as well. I know Im going to check the labels to see where my food is made before I feed it to my kids.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
China is trying to kill everyone on earth by poisening our candy and toys. What the hell, this is like the 4th candy from China that is poisened. Also white Rabbit candy and I also heard that maybe oreo's and snickers. Please be careful at Halloween. There is more candy out there That China has poisened.

I really dont think China is doing this on purpose or are they???????

Flag and Star for this thread!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-10-2008 by isa75]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I sent a U2U, we will see how it goes.

isa75, it does seem that way doesn't it. I am checking into the oreo and snickers thing. Basicly anything that contains mill or eggs, and made in China - Can we find a list on that?????

I just read something about a Japanese food company having to recall some things that were tainted. Turned out it came from tainted ground water.

Just a thought, but considerin how polluted China is, it is not far fetched to think this is all coming from their environment. BUT that does not count for their toys that they tainted with led. Was it because it made prettier paint, or was it because lead poising causes behavior and learning disibilities. Surely they wouldnt want to dumb us down.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the alert.
Hadn't heard about it. I'll pass it on to all the people I know.

This contaminated food appears to be escalating.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The U.S. and Canada should be inspecting exports in the factories and before the food even leaves Chinese shores bound for N. America. Why is this allowed to even reach stores? It should have been stopped on the Chinese loading dock.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here we go. From consumer affairs

consumeraffairs.com

The latest products implicated in this scare are Blue Cat Flavor drinks sold in Asian markets in the United States and Oreo wafers, Snickers, and M&M's imported from China to Indonesia.

Here is a link to what Mars has to say about this.
Mars shocked that its products were destroyed in Indonesia

Jakarta) PT. Mars Symbioscience Indonesia was shocked to read reports that the Indonesian BPOM (Food and Drug Monitoring Agency) has included M&M’s® Chocolate Candies and SNICKERS® Bars as part of a government decision to destroy all imports of Chinese products containing dairy ingredients. Mars products are understood to have been included in the destruction, even though tests of those products by the BPOM at its own laboratory this past weekend confirmed that the products are clear of melamine and safe for consumption.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It is now time to ban food products from all foreign countries, in all countries. I don't mean completely. There are obvious competent countries on the globe with basic sense, unlike China has proven, time and time again, in its case.

I thought there was a time when all products going over borders had to be tested & approved! It says these food-like coins made it to market!!!

When I think of all the kidney & liver failures as of late...

And another dig at China. It's not worth having anything manufactured over there either since they end up cloning it and plastering it all over the world markets. They are A VIRUS.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
It is now time to ban food products from all foreign countries, in all countries. I don't mean completely. There are obvious competent countries on the globe with basic sense, unlike China has proven, time and time again, in its case.

I thought there was a time when all products going over borders had to be tested & approved! It says these food-like coins made it to market!!!

It's time for class-action lawsuits to remove Chinese-origin food products from our country. Until that happens, we need to hold importers personally liable for the damages these morons are causing.

I'd imagine it would not take too many suits for a lifetime of medical care for these importers to wake up and smell the bulls**t.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

Does anyone have any info if M&M's Xmas battery operated fan's have been recalled - I bought two for my grandkids and they taste like kerosen - I contacted the health board and he wanted me to take a digital pic. and e-mail it to him but assured me that it was just "old" chocolate. But it has a horrible chemical taste - what are these candies coated with? anyone know.

top topics

join