It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LA Times supressing Obama video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As the media continues to ignore Obama's foriegn policy experience and his long list of questionable associations, news comes out of a tape showing Obama celebrating with members of the Palestinian PLO. The LA Times did a story on the video, but refuses to release the actual video! Another interesting fact about this is that Obama has denied associations with this man!

His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been "consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases... It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table," but around "this entire world."

Now, Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs has posted the messages between a reader and the a Los Angeles Times representative about the release of this video:

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Date: Monday, October 27, 2008 16:14
Subject: RE: Not read: The L.A. Times Suppressing Obama’s Khalidi Bash Tape?
To:

[...]

The Times did write about the tape, so I’m not sure what you mean aboutsuppressing the video or information from the video. Here is a copy of the report about the video.

Thanks again for writing,
Jamie Gold
Readers’ Representative

If that is the case, then release the video that you have of the event and don’t merely report it. Why is the Los Angeles Times sitting on a videotape of the 2003 farewell bash in Chicago at which Barack Obama lavished praise on the guest of honor, Rashid Khalidi - former mouthpiece for master terrorist Yasser Arafat?

Thanks for your note back. It sounds as if you don’t find “mere reporting” to be enough, but The Times is not suppressing anything.

Just the opposite — the L.A. Times brought the matter to light.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Jamie Gold
Readers’ Representative

Another great example of how the left wing media beleive sit dictates what the truth is. They know they control it and have become so brazen as to do it in the open.

EDIT: I noticed this same topic got closed in another thread because "it is based on a blog"? That is completely inaccurate. Its not based on a blog, but on an LA Times story. If the mods would like to explain how an LA Times story equals "based on a blog"?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If they have the video, they should release the video and let the voters decide whether it is important or not.

I wonder if anybody else has the copy of that video and plan on releasing it in the next couple of days.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join