It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economic meltdown is taking its toll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

great point. as wordy as my above post is, that philosophy is in there somewhere - allow me to clearly second that idea!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes that is one of reasons they hired immigrants so they can cut on the cost of having to pay for an American worker.

Still I can see the unfairness of all, no only to the companies that do this type of practices but also the unfairness of having to get unskilled workers to avoid the expenses.

That is why as our nation can not longer compete with all the laws been put in place to ensure workers rights as we the public demand.

Outsourcing to developing countries can not be more clear, our nation can neither compete with slave labor, human right violations and the unregulated practices that these countries offer.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by marg6043

Why are we still depending on our good for nothing government to help fix the problems in this nation?

Who is working for the American people in our government this days?

nobody

My first question would be to the tune of if we cant trust our governemnts / worldwide to help who can we trust?
The answer its self is really quite simple. IF you stop and think about it. Prior to this day and age when the governements didnt control all that they do now "people took care of people!" I have a few questions I would like you to ask yourselves and answer them honestly to yourselves as you read along.

How many of your neighbors do you know?
If this answer is less than 5 people all together you have some work to do friend. I live next door!

How many of your neighbors have kids and could use a helping hand?[
I reffer you to the above question!

How many of your neighbors are elderly and have nothing left due to the markets?
Again I reffer you to the first question!

What can YOU do to help save YOUR fellow citizens from the pain and loss we are all suffering?

What can YOU do today, right now ,to put a smile on the face of someone who is inwardly suffering; because they dont want to ask for help?

This is all really quite simple when you stop and think about the way we have come full circle in this matter.
In the not so distant past we where not only neighbors we where friends. We knew each other and when one of us needed an extra boost, it was on the porch and waiting the next morning. There is enough of us that have varying abilities to different degrees; that when put to use for the better of our communities and those of others will pull us through.
It is okay to feel lost and not able to see the future, BUT until we realise this great travasty we have put on ourselves with greed over the last few decades we arent going to come out ahead if at all. There is no longer an "I/ ME" mentality that is goign to work! It is "WE" and nothing more, until "WE" come together and help each other there is no end to how far this will go.

Peace to all, for we are actually one and can hold this together if we work together as a team.

stacie

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Sorry to tell you this but most of my long standing neighbors has lost their homes to foreclosures.

I am sitting in a street that is mostly empty, thinking that I could be next.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
'The economic downturn is taking its toll'

from my viewpoint this 'economic downturn' is being engineered and manipulated to the nth degree.

the only stocks & firms with a guarantee of continued economic life are; banks and Treasury bonds... while all the other sectors are being deliberately left to hang in the breeze...

stuff like commodities and my favorite; gold... are losing investors because
there is little to no liquidity in holding these stocks...
the investors are having to sell at gigantic losses in mining stocks because they can't fight against the liquidity and government bailout guarantees for the many financial sector banks & firms that are suddenly 'flush' with capital (after having caused the multi-trillion $ crisis to begin with)

the Fed/Treasury are deliberately causing people and giant Funds to 'rotate' out of industrial sectors, technology sectors, mining sectors, etc etc
and making it seem a necessity to redeem their 401ks and rollover whatever money is left into the recently raised $250k MoneyMarket Funds, or into buying the Guaranteed 'Liquidity' stocks of Banks & Lending Institutions...

social engineering, using the desire to retain some economic wealth, as a way to change the stock market, & mutual fund landscape...

I'm just crossing my fingers, that my Gold & PM Fund, will be able to hold out till 2009... because it appears the Fund i'm in has seen a severe abandoning of stockholders as the mining stocks have tanked by 50-60-70%...
I'm concerned that the investor's Run-on-the-Fund will make the Fund close and my ROTH Account balance be returned to me... with no where else to transfer my ROTH Acct to.

I've read where the future Democrat administration has plans to Socialize the 401k system, a savings system which deferred taxes on the savings balance...

I'm thinking now that the Fed/Treasury has designs to 'bankrupt' all the ROTH Accounts because those accounts are forever 'tax free'....
Just like the Fed set up the Housing Bubble, and the subsequent demise of Home-Equity-Loans...

but the (hidden) reason for the Housing bust was because One's mortgage Free home could also be sold 'Tax Free'... And->
the Fed/Treasury sure had to reduce the number of home owners which could cash-in their $250k homes Tax-Free...

what better way than bankrupting the home industry & causing a 300% increase of foreclosures (an atronomical number so early in the housing bubble unwinding)

yup, this engineered meltdown is changing the face of the usa

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I work for local (city) government and today there were whispers in the office about the massive layoffs going on at the county level. Over half the city planners are losing their jobs. A guy was quoted in the local paper as saying he's been working there for over 25 years and never seen anything like it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Udio the more I read into the big scam that this bail out is the more angry I become, once I said that our economy was nothing but a big illusion of prosperity and now I will dare to say that our nation is nothing but a big illusion of freedom behind corruption and deceit.

All in order to enslave the hard working Americans while the elite in power rob us blind.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I am expecting as much when it comes to state and local government as the fed keeps cutting funding that once was used to lure states governments into becoming slave of the fed and giving away the republic power now the fed is going to turn its back to the states so they can pull all they can to their bail out scam.

Is going to turn ugly next year as funding is no going to be available and states will have not other choice but to start raising taxes to keep their local government working.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

My God Ron Sims is an f-up. Last I heard there were 126 heads solidly on the chopping block with another 135 looking at that fate by June barring a dramatic budget turnaround. As for Seattle, you had to love Nickels letter last month that swore no cuts to uniformed police or firefighters, no cuts to services for the poor, and no changes to library hours of operation... translation: "We may fire you, but you can depend on an ocassional meal from the shelter and the unfettered access to the toilets in the libraries to wash yourselves and go #2."

...and no, I don't work for the city or county.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

EXACTLY!!! At some point in time, we the citizens of America had become so numb that we traded in our real freedoms for well the patriot act it would seem.... on top of countless other blunders that come to mind. All to save some really rich people that none of us really care about, becasue they've screwed us. But now as reality is beginning to slap sheeple in the face all over the states, it's becoming quite clear that we are pawns in the rich man's game of chess. We've been played for fools. Many of us knew the bailout was wrong from the get go. When bush first started talking about it when the housing market went under I knew we were in it deep. Well now we're in it up to our eyeballs and can't reach the shovel. (all right enough cheap metaphors)

Seriously, I'm a proud patriotic American... AND I AM PISSED.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by marg6043

Seriously, I'm a proud patriotic American... AND I AM PISSED.

Trust me I am right there with you.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

you had to love Nickels letter last month that swore no cuts to uniformed police or firefighters, no cuts to services for the poor, and no changes to library hours of operation...

For the most part this is actually true. Police and fire are considered essential services and are always the last to get funding cut. You can bet the "library assistant" will be let go though... Departments like parks, education etc always the first to feel an impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join