It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, McCain - Will We Have Riots No Matter Who Wins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is not a thread about the candidates policies or personalities. Please don't turn it into that otherwise it'll be pulled. This thread is about the american people and their reaction to whomever gets elected.

Lets' look at the situation.

If Obama wins we will see racists banding together, the recent ATF report on skinheads being caught plotting something is rather worrying. More importantly if some nut job manages to kill Obama then there really will be blood on the streets. Think OJ simpson and the way that split the country, now times it by a hundred.

If McCain wins then we might see riots straight away as tons of black people will be very angry. I wonder if riots would follow immediately after the result. I'm not saying all black people would be angry, i just mean some of the more militant ones.

The really scary part is that it only takes a few bad people to kick it all off. Maybe i'm over-reacting, and i hope i am.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There will certainly be alot of anger either way, but i'm not sure full scale rioting will happen. If ever there was to be an assassination attempt on a president, I think it would be soon enough.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't think there will be immediate rioting either way... no...

however, if for some reason the election doesn't "look right", like either the dems or reps rigged it somehow, that may be a different story.

I think we'd see more of a non-violent protest, and if that fails, an underground type organized resistance..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Yeah i used to think that, but already there are questions aboutt the voting machines.

www.dailykos.com...

It seems computer systems really aren't a good way to vote and i have a bad feeling it's going to cause some serious anger. Maybe not right away, but give it a week or two after the election.

As i said before i hope i'm wrong and being overly careful, however i think we'll see one or two bad incidents and it will grow from there.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I think we'd see more of a non-violent protest, and if that fails, an underground type organized resistance..

You mean an underground terrorist organization...

I think it depends on what you are considering a riot. I highly doubt there will be mass riots (including thousands of people or more), but I certainly could see a few little protests and riots coming from the win of either candidate. People have rioted for less.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Well I guess you could call it that... After all, I'm sure the English considered the members of the Continental Congress "terrorists" of sorts...

I guess it's all relative. One man's terrorist is another man's patriot.

which just lead me to question more of what I believe is a terrorist... sigh...

edit: bad grammar

[edit on 27-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I pray to God this will not be the case. If we riot enmasse we may as well bring all the troops home and close the borders. One could hardly argue that we are nearly a complete failure as a republic as it is, and mass riots would only serve as a confirmation of such.

The 2008 election process started 20 months ago and look what we have to show for it. From allegations of voter fraud and campaign finance fraud, to the fact that a free republic relies on a communist nation for sustenance in times of financial hardship. If it wasn't true it would be laughable. The one remaining grace we have is to appeal to each other as Americans and be graceful in defeat. To show the world that our process, with all its faults, exhibits the will of free men to bring a party to power, and choose a commander in chief. Then as one people, get behind that man and get ourselves out of one hell of a mess.

But make no mistake about it, if we riot enmasse, we will be viewed as pathetic savages, and our process will serve as what not to do in a free republic.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
if obama wins i would fear a "kennedyesque" plot against him. if somehow mccain wins i fear all hell will break loose, civil war style. angry people of all colors and religions will snap!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
But make no mistake about it, if we riot enmasse, we will be viewed as pathetic savages, and our process will serve as what not to do in a free republic.

Well i would hate riots to occur in the USA, as whatever happens there, tends to affect the entire world. However rioting isn't always bad, afterall the whole war of independance started with what could be called riots and non-compliance.

In this modern time though my greatest fear is that riots over say, computers going wrong and leading to accusations of vote rigging, would eventually split into a race war. That is my greatest fear, that calls with terms like "with us or against us", "band together" and other such things will be used to put people into one or two camps.

It's a far fetched notion, and not one that would go countrywide i don't think. It however could happen to large portions of the population, and that would have so many repercussions it's worrying.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well said Rooster!

nj2day: I was speaking in terms of the good ol' US Gov't that has the ability to label practically anyone a 'terrorist.' No doubt this underground organization would be labeled 'radical terrorism'

I agree with TheRooster that full scale riots would not better anyone. I'm all for ending corruption and greed but I'm also mostly for peace. Just a personal moral decision. But rioting would split this country into pieces and those that hate America would absolutely love it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
I agree with TheRooster that full scale riots would not better anyone. I'm all for ending corruption and greed but I'm also mostly for peace. Just a personal moral decision. But rioting would split this country into pieces and those that hate America would absolutely love it.

Just to be clear i'm not rooting for this to happen. I'm just wondering if it will happen. This has to be one of the most heated campaigns ever. I mean i know all opponents tend to try and smear each other, but this election seems to have been nothing but personal attacks.

Voters in both camps are in places like rapid wolves, i hate to use the term extremists, but well it seems like it and we all know what extremists do when they feel defeated.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I dont think either way will be riots . But if Obama wins and has assassination attempt and it succeeds I am fairly certain there will be some nasty civil unrest . Many big cities are already a powder keg with the racism from some law enforcement agencies and with the economic stress on the society its a blue print for a real bad time .

We dont have much to worry about with these people who talk about doing it. They get caught we have to worry about those who plot and keep it quiet till it happens.

As much as I would like to believe that the racism has died down to allow a black president . I think I am only kidding my self ? I am sorry thats a poor reflection on my fellow Americans.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree. I think it will be ugly regardless of the outcome. I agree so much that I actually created a thread about this about a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ahh dammit see, i searched for several things but i never found anything

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join