It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says Bush policy on economy is wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Republican John McCain promised to pivot from President Bush's economic policies and impose strict controls on government spending that would spur investor confidence and the stock market's recovery.

"I will protect your savings and retirement accounts and get this stock market rising again," said McCain, after huddling with economic advisers and pledging a break with Bush administration policies.

In his closing argument of the marathon election, McCain tread a thin line between bashing Democratic rival Barack Obama and making clear that he would steer a different course than the current GOP administration.

"We both disagree with President Bush on economic policies," McCain said. "My approach is to get spending under control. The difference between us is he thinks taxes have been too low, and I think that spending has been too high."

link

McCain is trying very hard to distance himself from the Bush administration but the more he distances himself the more we are all reminded of how far the GOP has run away from Republican ideals.
Bush stood on this platform 8 years ago and look at how big the government has grown, look how much spending is out of control.
I do not see how anyone can look at McCain and say "Ok lets give it one more try!" he has had 8 years to show us he would do things differently but instead he tried to become an "insider" and get the nomination.
Sorry I don't trust it and I have to say too little to late.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
that's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.. McCain is dang near a cheerleader for bush and his policy.. And even Obama supports many things bush supports.. but McCain saying this is ridiculous.

Political Note** I will be voting against Obama and McCain this election, I support neither of these candidates.

new topics

join