It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous posting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I can see why anonymous posts have to be verified, I suppose a lot of bots try too spread adverts, but I know a thread with two anoymous posts that have been replies that havent appeared in the thread after days... is it a bug or something? I'm curious too see what they said

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi There,

I can understand how that happens at times - heh, being one of the Staff that reviews the multitudes of Anon Posts we receive daily.

At a guess I'd say the issue is:

Anon Posts show up in an Anon Post Log that is visible to Staff.
Currently its in the vicinity of 2000+ pages long...

I'm guessing that Staff likely click on the 'last reply' to see the last Anon Post and essentially work their way backwards through the pages of Anon Posts approving or deleteing them as they go.

The problem with that however is that if another Staff Member does the same thing they will come across the last previous pages of Anon Posts as being 'actioned' already by a Staff Member and so may well think "cool - done already" and move on to reviewing the various other Alerts/Complaints/Queries/Mod Posts etc we review each day.

I guess it would be good perhaps if somehow if an Anon Post had been reviewed then maybe if it 'dropped off' the Anon Post Logs...thereby leaving only those yet to be actioned viewable to Staff. Perhaps that would alleviate the likelihood at some Anon Posts slip past the Goalie without getting reviewed and so wait around in cyber-limbo.

Perhaps our chief-coder-extraordinaire SO might be able to jimmy some form of coding up that does that.

However - Until processes tighten up or until coding is created, I guess its left to us fallible humans to deal with it

An idea would be to u2u a Staff Member regarding the specific thread and request they have a look at it...as we can make them 'active' directly from the reply within the thread as opposed to remotely via the Anon Post Log.

So let us know which one/s if they are left floating around in limbo and one of us will check it out.

We can be u2ued via either the Send U2U button at the bottom of our posts...or by clicking on one of our names in the Staff List on the lefthand side of the main page.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Be happy if Anonymous posts, it's the mods bumping your thread (I think it is anyway).

[edit on 26-10-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks Alien, now I understand
. Funnily enough the thread seemed to be sorted an hour after my post and they were shown, I'll u2u in future, now i know its not my internet or something

you guys do an excellent job to moderate everything accordingly thanks dudes!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No worries mate.

I'll make a suggestion to our Admin-types to see if there is a possibility in the future of perhaps setting the Anon Post Logs up in such a way as to remove the 'actioned' ones from the Log...thereby only leaving those still requiring review.

Maybe that may be an answer and improve our *response times* to Anon Posts.

Thanks again for your input and query - much appreciated as it all adds to a smoother flowing - and hopefully more enjoyable - website.

Cheers.

top topics

join