It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

anyone here ever been to burning man? it is really cool. at the burn they put on the best firework show ever and during it there was dustdevils, the biggest i have ever seen, coming out of the fire. man there is all kind of cool and crazy stuff goin' on there. every night i left i got lost and never found my way back to camp until the next day. LOL.

[Edited on 083131p://3108u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would of loved to attend burning man....but the only big desert party I went to was Moontribe and that kicked ash.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

there is alot of cool people there; the only things you can buy is ice and coffee. the barter system is encouraged. i gotta alot of awesome pics and memories from burning everyone should atleast go once.

for info check out burningman.com

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah I would like to go too. I heard the whole thing is one huge orgy. Sounds like fun to an immature 19 year old like me.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
well, there is a whole, whole, whole lot more going on than just one big orgy. there is alot of people walked around naked and some totally painted one solid color, it looks awesome. one of the funny things was, is that they had water trucks drivin' down the streets, the ones they use to keep the dust down, and there be from 15 to 30+ people running down tha street behind it all but naked. i got picture of it it'd probably be all right to post here i don't know. but you can search through burningman.com and see that and all sort of stuff and just sort of get feel what it is all about.

my favorite was these metal like water lilies that during the day where just giant chrome flowers. at night they shot some serious freakin' fire!!!! one night they had a concert beneath the blazin' water lilies. is was far out.

dude the cars that shoot fire are really wild; my brother said he saw one dude almost get lit up!

there was this one thing sort of like a fire car that was really scarry. it take a while to explain.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I will be 49 soon and definitely want to get to burning man before I am too old to enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I see what you mean, to me this is O.K but other Mods i dunno.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

also got a pic of this dude that turned a riding lawn mower into a giant angler fish.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I Have been to BurningMan in 2002 , heres' a link i found discussing the possible evil nature of the event - i personally had a great time and worship Jesus by faith, I did feel a slight strange energy while there , everyone i met was vary nice , I think anytime you get 35000 - mostly left wing , west coast people together for a week long party , your going to feel something strange, I had alot of fun saw alot of interesting science displays, learned about desert survival, alot of good music, robot wars , lasers, raves, people shareing food and drink, it was pretty cool, i'd like to here what others thank about this link

poweredbychrist.homestead.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've been twice and both times came back to "normal" society with renewed perspective. Utopia is what it is. I was pregnant with my daughter at Burning Man 2000, she to this day loves rave music at the age of 3.

My quote below is from someone I went to burning Man with in 2000, the quote was said there......

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Narnia]

new topics

top topics

join