It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mindless repetitive chores...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by nuffsaid420

Remember, there are few things we do that can't wait until we are ready to do them. If you are doing something you feel you don't have to, stop doing it. If you feel guilty about not doing it, this is usually your emotional "stomach" growling its hunger. And it doesn't care what you feed it, as long as it's full. Which is to say, it attaches itself to things simply because of the emotional charge received, good or bad. Tell yourself why you aren't doing whatever it is, and don't do it until you can accept that it isn't getting done; until you realize it doesn't bother you anymore. At this point, you will have potentially freed yourself from the emotional attachment and should be able to carry on the activity without feeling emotionally depleted.

It's a bumpy road, but one that can be well worth traveling because the end result is getting back what you never needed to get rid of to begin with.

Exactly the way it feels sometimes. Thank you for the words of wisdom, I do appreciate and have listened to what you have to say. It is the way I already feel, trying to balance. Also attaching emotions to activities and then being able to fill that "emotional" hunger with said activities. When I am busy within my daily life I love all the time I feel I have to contemplate. I have a notebook, journal handy all the time, stuff comes out and there is no time frame for it. I have to write it down now, then go back when I have time and research or look up and continue my journey. It's making these adjustments that make me feel like I'm about to lull back into a sleepy autopilot where I just say "F* it all" I'm watching TV for 2 days! That would be easy, but I don't want easy or am I looking for it. That is not my path.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I think you should feel thankful that you can do these chores,try being in a horrible accident and being limited to menial tasks,you'll long for the time you could perform all these tasks and still be able to do what you want,besides like one said it's a matter of dignity,yes some live in squalor if you does these tasks then neither do you,so try looking at them as an exercise in personal dignity

I think you think I hope you feel the same way I do! That's awesome. I am thankful everyday my friend, don't get me wrong. And I think personal dignity is of the utmost. That is why I spend time doing my sheets, watering the plants, walking the dogs, and on and on.... I feel part of the reason why I do these things is just that, for myself. I want to wake up in a clean smelling bed and shower in a clean shower with a clean sink because that is my personal dignity to me, no one else.

BTW I did have a horrible accident and did almost die....
Also I didn't quite understand what you were saying in totality, if you could use your grammar a bit better. Sorry just hard to read.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time. I fear I go on too much, but a connection is all I really hope for. I know it brings me peace simply to know that others feel and experience as I do. Knowing that, there is a light. Once we find it, it can never be lost to us, no matter how dim or distant it seems.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

While doing your mindless chores, perhaps you could listen to music to energize you emotionally. It helps me anyway.
You could also try to stimulate your mind while doing your chores by listening to talk radio and/or something educational on television or the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To sum it up life is a simple combination/recipe of the following:

1) WORK - To obtain money for 2,3 and 4.

2) EDUCATION/LEARNING - To further the self

3) GOING OUT - drugs, drinking, confrontation, shoping, keeping fir, seeing relations/friends, worshiping, playing/watching sport, hobbies, driving, dancing, sightseeing, travelling and eating.

4)STAYING IN - Watching TV, listening to music, reading, drugs, self grooming, playing games, surfing the internet, household chores sex (inc masturbation), hobbies, drinking, eating, sleeping and dreaming.

5) ENLIGHTENMENT - Teaching, connecting, experiencing, creating, evolving, learning, demystifying, loving and understanding.

So what is the point of this exercise? Well it is to prove that life is so predictable that in the absence of 5) i.e. 'just living' then this world is basically a living hell ie stagnant, non-evolving, boring and painful.

Now I'm not preaching here but to put it simply my opinion is that unless you pay 2) and 5) some serious attention you will never evolve, attain neo-human status, vibrate at a higher frequency etc or get out of the loop which is clearly evident by 1), 3) and 4). The choice is yours do, die or dawdle.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was sweeping my kitchen floor yesterday and thought about this thread. I have found that when I do repetitive tasks, it frees up the creative side of my brain. I don't understand the connection, but when I'm doing menial tasks with my hands, I fall into an almost meditative state. My brain is elsewhere, figuring out the next scene in my novel or working out some aspect of a character I'm writing about. So in essence I've doubled my time. The kitchen is clean and my next scene is fully-formed in my mind. It's a beautiful thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I used to be fanatic about cleaning. Til I was exhausted. Then one day I thought to myself(like you) how much time am i spending doing this?
And for what? do i wish to be known as the good housekeeper in 20 years?
While I appreciate a clean house like the next person, I decided to back off. And a little clutter doesn't killl me. And the world goes on. And now I have to do the t hings I like.
YOu shouldn't go unsanitary, that is not what I am saying. But it doesn't have to be museum either.

Just my 2 cents.

But when I do have to clean. I make it fun by getting a glass of wine and turning up the music. Makes it go by so much faster. If someone were to peek in the windows they would see a dance or two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join