It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who remembers....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does anyone here remember Rhydin on AOL like 12 years ago? Did anyone here actually participate in any of that?

I roleplayed on there every night for five years. I made some good friends. Did anyone here participate? And if so, what was your old character name/SN?

I was Cid Highwind. Yea, from FF7. Un-original, I know. My SN was Cid783.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

I remember roleplaying in AOL chat rooms. I'm pretty sure Rhydin was one of them. When I first got the Internet I was always popping into chat rooms to see if I could find anyone interesting to talk to. When I stumbled upon the roleplaying chats, I had no idea what was going on. I was about twelve years-old at the time, so it was all new to me. I just sort of played along and eventually got the hang of it. I don't remember what names I used, but I was always a vampire or an elf or a maiden warrior. It was weird when the other roleplayers would 'roleplay' that they were in love with me. They were probably old, fat D&D junkies or something. But who am I to talk? I used to crack out on World of Warcraft and slut-dance for gold.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Nobody remembers this?

I figured at least one person here might remember this.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I vaguely remember the game. I was Heart Less. My sn was heartless 2047.

During that same time Yahoo chat had many very dark user rooms that I was part of also. I was role playing in those chat rooms also just in normal times and not medieval times.

Those were the good ole times when a person had several sn's and there were many computer gangs. I was a member of several but not at the same time.

I better not say anymore as I think the activities I participated in are not to be discussed on ATS.

I believe Rhydin is still alive.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

I remember roleplaying in AOL chat rooms. I'm pretty sure Rhydin was one of them. When I first got the Internet I was always popping into chat rooms to see if I could find anyone interesting to talk to. When I stumbled upon the roleplaying chats, I had no idea what was going on. I was about twelve years-old at the time, so it was all new to me. I just sort of played along and eventually got the hang of it. I don't remember what names I used, but I was always a vampire or an elf or a maiden warrior. It was weird when the other roleplayers would 'roleplay' that they were in love with me. They were probably old, fat D&D junkies or something. But who am I to talk? I used to crack out on World of Warcraft and slut-dance for gold.

top topics

join