It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns Iraq to Accept Security Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I ran across this article on fox news - it struck me in an odd way. What do you guys think?

It sounds like we're telling the Iraqis to "sign the agreement or else". lol - Wonder what this could mean if they reject the proposal?

What are your thoughts?

If you feel strongly enough about this - feel free to please add flags to get more attention. I know I feel strongly about it.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by mf_luder]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That seems to be a bad situation with the Iraqis reported not doing much in the way of carrying a load as far as policing and defense goes. IF we pull out and leave advisory teams will they slack off more or will they step up and save their country from whatever threats they think affect them?

155,000 troops...whoa! That's like nearly ALL of them on active, right? (I am being silly, military.com or the CIA world fact book or defendamerica.mil has the numbers) Our troopies seem to be the security forces...that's a lot of people! A whole medium sized city worth of people!

Well, we'll see what happens knowwhatImean?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hmm, the iraq citizens don't want us there , the american citizens dont want us there .. so why is this mob that claims to be protecting every one insisting on being there?

This strongly reminds me of the bail out bill.. you better pass this or martial law will be enacted stuff.. same tactic.. do this or else.. same tactic same group of thugs.. fear mongering..

I hate what this country has become!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was talking about this very topic at lunch today.

I wonder what the deal is. I mean, violence is the lowest it's been during the time we've been in Iraq and while they may not be on par with the US Army or other comparable Armies in the world, the Iraqis DO have a military and a police force, as well as a government.

Why does it matter if we stay there or not?

I'm not privy to something as ignorant as pulling everyone out in like 6 months or something, but believe a withdrawal plan needs to be put in place for at least the next 2 years or so.

Why this sudden yelling about the bill? Come on now, it's over. Let's go play somewhere else for crying out loud.

join