It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Im writing a book...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey all! Salutations and greetings to my fellow ATSers! Just wanted to let you all know that I am writing a book. I have always wanted too, I have studied story lines and plots and chose a genre I am going to write about (which is something that I think you all will enjoy)

Just wondering if any of you have ever published a book? Have any advice? Should I just try and sell it on my own?

I have started already and have a couple wonderful pages already. Hopefully it will be on the B and N shelf someday and you all can pick it up.

I am not going to give anything away yet about the story...but so far I am so excited in the direction its going!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have no advice on how to get it published, but would love to read it if you do get it published. I love to read. One day if I can ever get things together I hope to write a book one day too. Have no idea what it will be about. Good luck too you. By the way if you get it published I want a autographed copy.LOL I can always say I knew him when he was just posting on ATS now look he is famous.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just so you all know that ATS has been a huge inspiration of this book. The members and their postings/ideas/comments and open mindness is something that will come through to all of you long time members hence is the reason I wanted to share this will all of you that I am writing it!

I know I dont have many posting "points" but I have been a reader of ATS for about 3 years.

My goal is to incoporate a lot subjects that ATS members discuss every single day. The trick will be (and also my goal) is to see if I can as much as possible get of all these subjects to tie into the story while keeping to the seriousness of the plot and not getting to "far out there"

All the while communicating the ultimate message that ATS tries to get the "everyday" person to understand.

I will hopefully be completed sometime early next year and I will re post.

If anything I will make probably make about 100 copies myself and only charge the cost it took to make those copies.

And if i cant get rid of them that way I will just give them away for free.

here is a question...should I use my real name or a pen name?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
first of all get your book written before thinking of publishing it.

if you are ready i guess you have several options
1. find a publishing company via an agent
2. publish it on your own
3 use self publishers like "book on demand"

i searched the web for some further advices:
so you wanna publish a book

how do i publish a book

hope it helps a bit!

about what are you writing?

top topics

join