It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepz and Chillz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Of course it being the spookiest time of year, we find ourselves surrounded by the very things that send a shiver up the spine and make our goosebumps raise and our hair stand on end.
From monsters to aliens, to ghosts and creepy crawlies of all kinds, to the shadow in the corner of your eye, and the cold breeze that blows through you.
Dare you look under the bed?
In the closet?
In the basement?
Are you alone ?
Have you checked the children?

Mwahhahaha.

What gives you the creepz and chillz?

Is it the lonely path with leafless trees after dark?
Is it the old creaks and moans of a settling house?
Is it the thought of who may be lurking around the next corner....

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the Master of Horror, the one whom at a young age lured me over to the dark side where I remain to this day. The man with the voice and laughter that can turn any day of the year into Halloween...
Mr. Vincent Price

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What gives me the chills, apart from vincent.

EVP's, there is just something disturbing about them, I can't put my finger on it, but that's what does it for me.

Fox.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
White on white translucent black capes
Back on the rack
Bela Lugosi's dead
The bats have left the bell tower
The victims have been bled
Red velvet lines the black box
Bela Lugosi's dead
Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room
The count
Bela Logosi's dead
Undead undead undead

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Lobsters
The original 'Moomins' show
Anyone over 40 with bleach-blonde hair

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What creeps me out? Hmmm

For starters, my daughter playing the "Halloween" movie theme song over and over and over again on the keyboard right now.

And I have to agree with fox, EVPs. Yep, where in the h*ll do those voices come from?

I like creepy and scary movies, but I cannot, CANNOT stand gore of any kind. Ick!

This morning I was in the kitchen.....on the computer....on BTS...lol....and I heard my husband rolling his chair around upstairs in his office, same sound I hear all the time because when he's not traveling he works from home. So I continue BTS-ing and heard it again and then after a couple of minutes I'm like, "OH SNIP!" upon my realization that hubby IS out of town! I kid you not! So I called my brother and made him stay on the phone with me to check everything out. Yep, still creeped out about that.

But the most creepiest, scariest, will cause me to faint creepy is him.........

I'm just sayin'....

Rush

Edit to add: Even though this means I had to revisit my post and that creepy mask guy I just want to say....AD, Vincent Price was the MASTER!

[edit on 21-10-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Things that give me the creeps:

My apologies if anyone here fits the description.

Albinos
Midgets
open closet doors
footsteps when no one else is in the house

lima beans
FROGS
lizards
Don the pharmacist:shk:
A loud knock at the door

Anyone stoned out of their minds at 7am.
My neighbor who waits for me to go outside and he's always there waving at me

Men dressed up as women....but frumpy women....come on if you're going to do it, at least bathe and find a proper dress!!!
People riding their bikes who weave aimlessly in and out of traffic.
Did i mention Don, the pharmacist???

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG..LIMA BEANS????

MMMMM...Lima beans...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This guy from Poltergeist 2:

"God is in, his holy temple..."

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
mimes and nuns, specially if they are french.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hmmm... Things that creep me out

- Closed Closet Doors, they HAVE to be open. (I can't sleep with them closed - Dgtempe we're opposite on this)
- Open Window Curtains (at night time - i feel like im being watched)
- That coool breeze that hits your shoulders and sends a rush of cold through your body, when your all alone in the house
- The knocking that comes from the Pantry door in my parents house
- The Furnace room in my parents house, something so eerie about it
- The placement of the door, in relation to the bed. I need to see the door.
- The Dark. I am terrified of the dark...and I sleep with nightlights..
(But I can admit it, so its okay
).

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
What creeps me out? Hmmm

For starters, my daughter playing the "Halloween" movie theme song over and over and over again on the keyboard right now.

And I have to agree with fox, EVPs. Yep, where in the h*ll do those voices come from?

I like creepy and scary movies, but I cannot, CANNOT stand gore of any kind. Ick!

This morning I was in the kitchen.....on the computer....on BTS...lol....and I heard my husband rolling his chair around upstairs in his office, same sound I hear all the time because when he's not traveling he works from home. So I continue BTS-ing and heard it again and then after a couple of minutes I'm like, "OH SNIP!" upon my realization that hubby IS out of town! I kid you not! So I called my brother and made him stay on the phone with me to check everything out. Yep, still creeped out about that.

But the most creepiest, scariest, will cause me to faint creepy is him.........

I'm just sayin'....

Rush

Edit to add: Even though this means I had to revisit my post and that creepy mask guy I just want to say....AD, Vincent Price was the MASTER!

[edit on 21-10-2008 by hsur2112]

Would that be Halloween 3: Season of the Witch? The Silver Shamrock one?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Clowns. Oh yes clowns have always creeped me out. Take a look at that clown doll in the movie Poltergeist. Yikes! I hate clowns!

Dolls as a whole. I've never liked dolls.

Centipedes and millipedes.

Down here in Jersey we have what are called 'Sprickets'. Apparently along the path of evolution crickets and spiders mated some how. They have the same body shape and size as a cricket but have spider type legs. These things jump quite high when you try to squish them. What's disconcerting is the fact that they jump right at you, not away from you.
Sprickets
Spiders? I'll squish them any time. Crickets? Hah! I'll show them whose boss! Sprickets? I need to adorn my battle gear. These things are creepy!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My newest fear....sprickets.

That's one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Rush

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Ah heck, you got a big enough shoe to squish em.
Bugs don't scare me at all, except bees. ( Bad experience).
Rodents don't scare me either.
When I lived in a farmhouse, I took on an adult brown rat with nothing but a big rock. Call me cruel, but yeah..
My only creep factor is snakes..(again, bad experience with a puff adder).

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Being home alone after dark, being home alone when Hubby is out of town (after darkness falls), having to go into the two lower levels of the house after dark when I'm the only one awake, etc. Basically being alone in the dark or alone in the house after dark. It seriously gives me the heebie jeebies.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
... Well. I do not like spiders as they are always around and usually find a way to crawl on me. Plus I was bitten by one as a child and I had a reaction to it - needed medicine right away. :w:

And I agree with Fox - EVPs!
A voice from beyond is definitely a chill giver.

I loved the list too dgtempe! LOL

top topics

join