It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human cloning Foundation, are these people nuts!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't know what your thoughts are on cloning, but as for me I see like a sci-fi movie gone bad.....I can find so many reasons why it should be avoided, are these people trying to play God? well if you look at some of there reasons you might think so to. here are some of there reasons for wanting to clone..............

There Reasons for Human Cloning:

Bad parents - Did your parents destroy your life? Were they alcoholic, child-beating molesters? Did you never have a chance? Interestingly, human cloning allows you the opportunity to participate in choosing the parents for your clone.

You want your clone to lead the life that was meant to be yours - The Human Cloning Foundation has been surprised by the number of people that write to say that they would like to have a clone so that it may lead the life that was meant to be theirs. Typically, these are people who have suffered some terrible physical or mental handicap and feel robbed of the opportunities they should have had in life. Some see this life as a sacrifice so that the life of their clone may be enriched.

OK some of these may seem ok, but it seems as if they say well, forget your parents just get some new ones, life is to be lived not tampered with, now don't get me wrong I believe in the betterment of life, but there should be a line drawn some where. here's the link, see what you think about it..............................

there site.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

but as for me I see like a sci-fi movie gone bad.....I can find so many reasons why it should be avoided

Should robotics be avoided too? Because a 20th century human sees it "like a sci-fi movie gone bad?"

"Fear or stupidity has always been the basis of most human actions" ~Albert Einstein

I'm not saying I'm 100% for cloning under any conditions. No. Just pointing out a fatal flaw in your logic.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i don't know if i'd like a full clone of myself running around. i could maybe see cloning for the purpose of organ harvesting or something like that and definitely think growing cloned organs would be fantastic for the betterment of our lives.

i'm just not sure how that cloning so your clone can have the life you didn't have thing would be fulfilling for myself personally, since i wouldn't be my clone and couldn't benefit from it. it would be easier just to have a kid and be the parent your parent couldn't be for you

plus i'm sure there are people that actually didn't have it all that bad but they're spoiled into thinking they had it rough. they're bent on the idea of cloning themselves because daddy wouldn't buy them a freakin choo choo and they got all butt hurt about it.

hopefully if these people are serious about this and intend to go through with something like this one day, i hope that they have stringent protocols and measures to make sure their clients are in it for the right reasons.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks Scramjet76 I see your point, but I'm not really leaning to that direction......... Sci-fi to me as meaning the unknown or freak show antics.
Now don't get me wrong I don't want a will smith robots movie to unfold either..............

[edit on 17-10-2008 by rikk7111]

top topics

join