It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member upload space questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I like the use of the member upload space because I can be sure with it that my images will be displayed (unlike with photobucket when it runs out of bandwith for example).

However what I do not understand is that I can "buy" extra upload space with my ATS points but I can not upload files larger the 100kb.

Now let's say I upload 5 files of 100 kb or 1 of 500 kb
what is the difference? It's both the same space and the same bandwidth use? So I really wonder why this rule of only 100 kb.

It also says in this line

Members can upload JPG, GIF, TXT, and PDF files for use on ATS/BTS that do not exceed 100 kilobytes.

Well I really can't see how to make a PDF that doesn't exceed 100 kilobytes.

So if possible can someone explain to me why this limit exsists and if there's a possible chance that it can be changed in the future.

Thank you in advance!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is there any moderator or perhaps one of the SO's that can answer my question?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The member upload is meant for smaller pictures, like avatars, signature-tags and smileys, etc. If you need to upload files bigger than 100k, you'll have to use an external service like i.e. Uploadit.org, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've used Uploadit.org for years, and I've never had any problems. Choose between free account or "premium" account.

Click picture for full view

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply. I understand big uploads are ment to be posted on external servers. And I have no problem with that (I have a 5 gb server so....
)

It's just that I wonderd why you can "buy" let's say 2 megs of space on ats but only upload 100 kb at the time.

The reason I wonderd this is because I sometimes like to make prostest buttons and signatures (see avatar and sig) and I like them to be available to ats members. In that perspective it's better to have them on ats servers.

new topics

top topics

join