It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USD Strength

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Recently we had a poster asking why the US$ was strengthening over the past few months despite their problems.

This is the best link I could find to sum it up.

JK

data.cbonds.info...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
thanks for the article!

I guess the question is how much longer does the US$ hold out..

(didn't read entire article yet..reading now)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, I think they are attempting to make people feel safe about their abilities to invest..but their last statement:

Also in the aftermath of a recession the US may discover that it has lost its kingpin position in the advent of a new global economy.

I think may happen a lot faster then they predict..of course I guess it depends on what you define "long term" as. Is Q2 or Q3 2009 long term?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The US dollar only "smells strong."
When it becomes evident that a monetary system is utterly corrupt, some might venture to say that the only way to repair it, is to let it die. Assuming for a moment that the powers that be will not watch us die right along with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yes, the $ is going up in value because trillions have gone "poof".

Ever wonder why we can create all these trillions for bailouts and such but for some reason the value is holding pretty steady?

Well, the stock market lost trillions.... so we can pretty much print up an equal number of trillions and not affect the money supply so to speak.

This article kind of explains "where the money went" because it really "went" to nobody... not a person, a company, or foreign country. It just "ceased to exist" thus "shrinking" the dollar supply so to speak.

Trillions Disappear in Stock Market, but Where Did Money Go?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Trillions Disappear in Stock Market, but Where Did Money Go?

It has truly been lost - literally.

Same as if the value of your house went down, where did it go?

It has VANISHED.

top topics

join