It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rethink everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the world isn't as sinister as we seem to think it is? Is it possible that all of us conspiracy theorists are off of our rockers? Take, for example, the Galactic Federation of Light. Millions of people were looking to the skies yesterday hoping to see a large space craft. But how many of those people actually read the channelings by Blossom Goodchild? They were so...human. And we all see how that has turned out.

And the 9-11 attacks...
Why do so many people think that our government shot missiles into the pentagon, or that the planes were remote controlled? Are you serious? Maybe they knew about it and let it happen, but it wasn't staged by them.

If we are to ever be taken seriously we need to reevaluate the propaganda we are spreading on the internet. And yes, I called it propaganda because that is exactly what it is. If you are trying to explain to the "average" person what is happening with the North American Union one minute and the next we are talking about an alien civilization that wished to spread love on Earth, are we going to be taken seriously?

I'm not saying we should just shut-up and let the world be taken over by the bankers, or the Illuminati, or evil alien reptiles...but we should use a little bit of our brainpower to separate actual possibilities and complete fantasy. So much of what I read here on ATS and other places seems to be created by a person that just wishes to catch a little bit of attention.

Even when one of those attention grabbers admits that it was all a ploy, the conspiracy theorists claim that the government "got" to them. Example: NibiruShock2012 on YouTube.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good conspiracy just as much as the next person, but I won't blindly follow someone else just because I've run out of things to read about my own.

But I'm sure someone will post something about me being a government dis-information agent and debunk me and call me a blind government following sheep...bring it on.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your thoughts are very rational, that's the problem. You have to ask yourself, why would the super rich help you? Do you give money to annoying beggars? Are you nice to strangers? Do you clothe the homeless? Put youself in the shoes of david rockefeller, would you listen to the public? Now imagine being the Nth person in line from a dynasty of rich fools that have NOTHING TO DO in their entire lives.

Yes of course lots of what happens is probably random even if evil. Lots of conspircies are just stupid and wrong. But all of these ideas have a source, they don't just come out of thin air!

When's the last time you walked down the road and saw a tomato plant growing? Guess why! Cause you got to pay for it!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
just to fuel the fire, according to this post.. this economic turmoil is a plan.. posted in march 2008.

www.city-data.com...

Honestly this guy seems to be right on the money so far.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Who was it that said "People don't see the world as it is, they see it as they are"? Sure, a lot of conspiracies are just collective projections. Parts of ouselves that we don't want to own up to, so we project it on the world. Not all, though. Common sense tells us that there are things in this world that don't quite add up. By integrating the facts, and filling the holes with the most probable pieces, we get conspiracies. Some are probably way off, while others could very well be spot on.

new topics

top topics

join