It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

senate passes bill making fetus a separate victim in crimes against women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
finally the government reconizes fetus' as human beings...

i am very happy for this bill being passed

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040326/hl_afp/us_justice_embryos

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Next step is banning on partial birth abortions, which I support.

A 6 month old fetus being eradicated from a woman's womb?

Disgusting

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That has actually been used in court many times. Very often prosecuters will try to get two counts of murder for a case where a mother with an unborn child is murdered. In the past, it has always rested with the judgement of the jury and the judge. Glad to see it is going to be law now, though, so they have to use it as another murdered individual

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
well the sad thing is that it will probly be deemed unconstitutional in the next 2 yr. by the supreme court somehow. The only way to stop this is a constitutional amendment on what is considered life. I think that owuld be a very good amendment to have what do yall think. Also there is a canyon being created between the supreme court and the majority of the people getting very close to evolving into a civil war in years to come. Stay aware people.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think this is wonderful! But it is only the beginning of what should be anyway. Yes, an unborn child at any age is a human being. And as such, should have all the rights of a member of this human race! As in the Laci and Conner Peterson case, it is considered a double murder. As it should be!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Its about time the unborn child is recognised as human.

Now the next step is to ban abortions. We have no idea exactly when the child 'receives' a soul, hence we can't be sure if 'abortion' is the removal of 'cells' or the murder of a human being. I will always err on the side of caution. I cannot be party to murder, whether it be the murder of Iraqui's by the Bush regime, or the murder of the unborn child.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know there is a few here taht support abortion what are yalls views?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video somewhere, showing an abortion. From what i remember the foetus was trying to move away from the thing they using to perform the abortion. It was pretty gross and I remeber crying after seeing it. But I can't remember the title.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think you are thinking of 'The silent scream'. I've never seen it, but KayEm told me about it - she had to watch it in nursing college.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can't see how the same country that allows abortion can also have this law.

Its like admitting abortion is legalized murder... which it is...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Interesting is that the word for unborn baby has become the clinical term, "fetus", which means the same thing. They admit their guilt in only another language.

A narcissistic culture caught in a downward spiral. I doubt this one passed bill is enough to start pulling us out of the ground into which we find ourselves augering. Fasten your seatbelts, light'em if you got'em.

top topics

join