It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In loving memory: City workers put up flower-decked tribute to wrecked economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
-DailyMail -"It's a touching tribute from all sectors of society following a tragic death - friends, family and strangers laying flowers for the dearly departed.

However, in this case it's not a death which has prompted the floral offerings, but the crash and burn of Britain's economy."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At first I smiled and chuckled a bit. Then I realized that I'll never see my old friend again. RIP good buddy.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
But everything's fine. It's just a market correction!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Reply to Pauseforthought

Does that mean the Supreme court is going to decide when it's ok to let a vegetable die? Hmmm, double entendre considering both Terry Schivio and the Supreme Court of Switzerland's veggie rulings recently. That is in poor taste, but it is a double entendre.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I hope you didn't mind me poking fun a little. Just a bit of banter aimed at certain honourable opponents.

As far as turning off life support is concerned, I think even that analogy falls short of what is really going on.

I'm thinking more in terms of the tomb of Lenin. The Great Leader was for years, nay decades, exhibited in splendid array (in a glass case) for all the world to see.

...Except over time his long-embalmed body developed the unfortunate habit of decaying to the extent one of his extremities would fall off - much to the chagrin of the overseers - such that the enthralled masses had to be hurriedly diverted so the matter could be dealt with in a secret session, far from the eyes of the seduced public, who would travel from far and near just to get a glimpse of one destined to endure for ever...

[pushed wrong 'reply' button!]

[edit on 15/10/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Pause4thought

My darn "reply" button isn't working again...anyway, no, I don't mind a little ribbing in the least. Your analogy is spot on too. I suppose one could come up with quite a few that would be appropriate. Humor too is a sign of acceptance of proper conditions for communication. I wish more people could laugh at themselves once in a while. I see these tributes popping up more and more now...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

top topics

join