It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeding The Hunger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In recent years there appears to have been an increase in people who consider themselves "awakened" to realities beyond those normally presented to us within modern society. Sites like this one have sprung up all over the net, with hundreds of thousands of people across the world trying to connect with each other to find answers outside of the normal dogma they are presented with (both by society and the mainstream religions).

Yet all too often people get lost in the confusing mess of conflicting information and obvious hoaxs that permeate the world wide web, and just like a McDonalds meal, whilst the information can feel good to digest, it still leaves you feeling empty and needing to eat again.

So I ask you the collective of ATS how do you satisfy your spiritual hunger, the curious spark that pushes you on to delve into the mysteries of the world. Are there any serious non-organized-religious research groups (i.e. not jewish, christian, muslim etc) that look into the spiritual make up of our reality and the layers thereof ?

Please note im not asking how people are able to reaffirm their blind faith in the mainstream religions. The question isnt about what your favourite bible verse is when your feeling low, I understand that through intelligent delving the truth can be perceived in many ways, however I doubt most members who are firm in their faith of one of the big three has taken the time to delve into the deeper mysteries of said religion (from my observation on this site and others).

So fellow questers, how do you feed your hunger for real progressive spritual growth, you made it far enough to reach this site, where do we go from here ?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've come to a point in my journey where I see the only path to growth as life itself. I'm not one to fit myself easily into a group or accept standardized, repetitious rituals, simply because it doesn't suit me personally. So I explore the spiritual in mundane, everyday life whenever I can. I think it can be as simple as finding beauty wherever possible.

I highly value my experience here at ATS for helping me to find this as I see it as a processing collective for my ideas. To condense them to more useful and practical forms, combining them with the ideas of others. I see it as not just feeding my own spiritual hunger, but hopefully having something to offer others.

From here? That's all a matter of what life has to offer me. As long as I have a means to the give and take of a collective, I'll be happy.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I feel the only way to feed that hunger, IMO, is to keep searching for more answers. Somehow it feels like an addiction. I noticed that I'm sleeping much less now, 2-3hrs a day. There's just an abundance of info out there, and sleeping(and work:barf
just gets in the way of absorbing it all.

TravelerintheDark said:

Originally posted by TravelerintheDarkFrom here? That's all a matter of what life has to offer me. As long as I have a means to the give and take of a collective, I'll be happy.

And I agree.

join