It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize Winner Paul Krugman vs Bill O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - "U.S. economist Paul Krugman, a fierce critic of the Bush administration for policies that he argues led to the current financial crisis, won the 2008 Nobel prize for economics on Monday.

The Nobel committee said the award was for Krugman's work that helps explain why some countries dominate international trade, starting with research published nearly 30 years ago."

I have read Paul Krugman's articles in the NY Times for several years now and must say, not only is he a good read, he is smart. I hope this is in the right section, as it is more general news, but considering he's been warning us for many years it was coming...

Lastly, I know Bill O is a punching bag, but wow, to call out a Nobel winning economist? Krugman is almost incredulous with his looks, but it's nice that he called Bill a LIAR to his FACE. HA! Anyway, have a laugh in tough times. You may have to scroll down - the link says page 1 but it's on 2 midway down.

crooksandliars.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ah, how can I get more interest? Krugman rocks, even for his geeky economic look. He is important, anyway. Here's to hoping someone see's my third overall post here...maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Bill O.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Ah, how can I get more interest? Krugman rocks, even for his geeky economic look.

Thanks for the post. Not only does it show that O'Reilley is a liar, he's also an oaf...though a pretty effective poster child for the Right.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thanks for the note, agreed. One reason I think this is important is the direct accusation of O repeatedly saying "your newspaper". Krugman is an economist who does write columns for the NY Times. He is by no means their "spokesperson", as some may say Bill O is with FOX. Krugman and one point mutters under his breath looking at the lights, "unbelievable."

ColoradoJens

top topics

join