It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About a National Pre-Election Detox?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That's a really bad title-I don't mean Ethnic!!

Wouldn't it be nice if for a month prior to elections we as a nation pledged to better consider our votes by:
- Temporarily Banning The Fluoridation of all US drinking water supplies
- Temporarily Banning Any and All forms of Weather Modification
-also maybe something with radiowaves, fructose, televisions, etc

The less laws the better but alot of people that care about this farce seem IMO look like zombies. I see and talk to so many people that shouldn't really be voting IMO. I wish there was a sensitive way putting it.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I agree. As undemocratic as this may seem, shouldn't there be some test you should have to take in order to be able to vote. It would ask basic questions like; Were there WMDs in Iraq?; How many states are in the US?; Did Iraq have anything to do with 9/11?; Is Barak Obama a Muslim?; Did the Russians invade the state of Georgia or the country of Georgia? Also included in this test should be basic questions regarding each candidates particular stance on a variety of issues. I am not saying that if you fail this test you should be unable to vote. Just that after the test, you should be given the answers to these questions so that you know what the facts are so you may then make an INFORMED decision. The political ignorance of our populace is the primary reason we find ourselves in the multitude of crises we face today.

join