It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankrupt Bank execs goes to party AGAIN - Wachovia execs to cruise Greek Isles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Bankrupt Bank execs goes to party AGAIN - Wachovia execs to cruise Greek Isles

www.tradingmarkets.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct 9, 2008 (UPI via COMTEX) -- WB | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- Some of Wachovia Corp.'s top brokers are going on an all-expenses-paid cruise of the Greek Isles, but the U.S. taxpayer may pick up the tab, a report says.

The weeklong trip for up to 75 employees of brokerage A.G. Edwards, which Wachovia acquired last year, will also include spouses and significant others, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

"This is one way that we recognize our top financial advisers," said Wachovia spokeswoman Teresa Dougherty.

Wachovia is in line to have its bad debt purchased at a discount by the federal government as part of a bailout of the U.S. financial industry. Citigroup and Wells Fargo are currently in talks over the purchase of Wachovia, based in Charlotte, N.C.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yesterday I already made a topic, that just like AIG, Fortis also made their expensive party after the bailout, like nothing happened and everything would be fine with those banks and insurance companies.

Fortis organize lunch party for 150000 euros after bailout
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, as we see the execs of Wachovia also joins a similar expensive party into the line.

Honestly, we should stop these morons somehow. Maybe we should call our representatives in the Congress and tell them, until they're supporting these thieves, they're not going to get any of our vote. I'm not willing to pay their luxury cruise from my taxes after they caused this to the economy, ruined it, then they're simply going to the most expensive parties from our taxes.

We should hang these people up to the flagpole.

www.tradingmarkets.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These people have no shame. Their behavior angers me to no end.
I can't imagine how it must feel to be an American right now.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by red_leader]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"This is one way that we recognize our top financial advisers," said Wachovia spokeswoman Teresa Dougherty.

I would think that a disguise would be more appropriate. Because these people should be dragged into the street and lynched from a lamppost for what they've done to their investors and the citizens of this country.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
We can fix this and never fire a shot. Just don't go back to work until the fed gives us what we want, then they can't arrest us, we won't be declared enemys, but you can't collect tax without income!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Do not worry, jelly-bean! There will be oversight.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
OMG are you kidding me!!! This is unbelievable! What the hell??!! ~excuse me a moment while I disappear from the room to vent of some anger~

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
WTF?!?

No, NO! NO! NO! NO!

I agree with the OP lynch them all.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lynch would be too kind. How the hell can they get away with this? This is way beyond criminal....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wachovia is being purchased by Wells Fargo it is not one of the banks involved in the bailout. Wachovia was purchased after this article was published.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Way to break up the angry mob.

I had my pitchfork, my torch, I was all ready to storm the castle and then you had to go injecting reason.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We should still be angry,

lets just be angry at the right folks

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They are laughing at us. At the American public. We are jokes to them. We lose all our savings we worked for and they get billions and go out on lavish vacations.

I am almost at the point where I am ready to punch a teller for having the audacity not to quit. This is nutty.... It feels like I am living in s surreal twilight zone where the poor lose everything and the rich get richer and OH NO WAIT>... Thats reality..

Fudge!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Its absolutely ming boggling how these people just DON'T GET IT.
They obviously live in an alternate universe to the rest of us.

I think the least they could all do is lay low for a few years, contemplate their obligations to society that comes with all that money and power and grow a conscience, as they obviously don't have one.

You would think their highly paid PR people would at least give them the advice to seem apologetic and pull their heads in, until this whole debacle is over.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Flighty]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Wachovia is being purchased by Wells Fargo it is not one of the banks involved in the bailout. Wachovia was purchased after this article was published.

And yet I do not care. Know why? Because if you have been working in this industry with-in the last month then YOU KNEW WHAT WAS INSTORE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY!!!!!!!

GRRRRR!!!!!

Lets us all play Find out which rich neighborhood the Banking executive lives in!

I pray that the legion will tell us... if ever there is a cause for justice and mayhem it has presented itself!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow

Every bank is involved in the bailout, because every bank can unload their bad mortgage backed securities to the US Treasury. Wells is one of the few holding more capital than bad debt, but Wachovia is one of the worst hit and when they combine they will be able to sell the government hundreds of billions in MBS and other bad loans. Not only will they be able to dump all their bad debt onto the taxpayer, they will also be able to get capital injections of billions of dollars in exchange for shares (which would be worthless without the bailout). So, this article may have been written before Wachovia tanked but they knew their situation and that we would be the ones who end up paying for their excesses.

top topics

join