It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So your...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
...home could burn down and your wallet/purse could get mugged...

The questions are then:

1. What in all do you keep in your wallet/purse that's important?
2. What in all do you leave in your home that's imporant?
3. What is the safest place to keep all important things?

Note:

You could have all important stuff in a safety deposit box at a bank, and still fail to be able to get to it if your ID and/or a box key is no longer in your reach if they were in the home burned down or in the wallet/purse snatched.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yep.

Better get out the shovel!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The key is to not to come to the point where you have important stuff. Or if you do have important stuff, you should have it all in official copies stored seperately apart where one copy is with a trusted freind or family member who lives elsewhere that you can get to when you need to with ease.

They dont give you, say, 2 Diver's Licenses or 2 keys to etc. So if you think it is important you should say you lost it so you can get an additional, which of course you'd have to pay up for. Then have one of the two with your trusted "bother's keeper" so to speak.

Sort of like Seinfeld where they had each other's spare keys in case something should happen.

Now if your place and your brother's keeper's place both get burned up, then that means somebody doesnt want you to make it.

And if you cant depend on a brother's keeper because there is no one you'd trust, then there is always somewhere out in some woods where you can mark and keep a mental map to where you buried important stuff in a way you need no tool to unbury it. I mean, you could just put abunch of brush and twigs over a dug in spot, where you set in a waterproof safe or a safe inside something weatherproof.

No one should be able to follow you deep into the woods to know exactly where you put anything without you being aware of them following.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The true Key is never to given in to the illusory idea of fear. Which makes one do unnatural and insane things like worry about things that have no value in and of themselves.
Infinite love is the truth, everything else is illusion

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
The questions are then:

1. What in all do you keep in your wallet/purse that's important?
2. What in all do you leave in your home that's imporant?
3. What is the safest place to keep all important things?

1. Money, fishing tackle, matches, DL
2. Cat, guns
3. No one single place.

For item three it is best to do what you mentioned in your follow up post. Have multiple caches of items. The whole dont put all of your eggs in one basket thing. Out of the way cabins owned by family and friends are good, a hole in the woods as you mentioned would work, if you own more than one property, obviously thats an automatic cache.

The idea being if one area is wiped clean, you still have plenty of resources available to you. For instance, when I purchase a high ticket item, I immediately photo it, photocopy the receipt, write down any pertinant information, i.e. serial numbers, markings, make three copies and they go into three different safes.

Also to note, no matter how good your friends are, or how much you love your family, never give up the location of all of your caches, never know if someday, someone turns on you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
thank god im already poor!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
O yeah, evergreen trees keep their pine needle thingys... Maybe instead of burying important stuff you can somehow put the improtant stuff up in an evergreen tree which will keep things out of view from anyone else who comes through the woods. So instead of a having a tree house, have a tree safe.

O yeah, just so the trusted one doesnt turn on you, have them sign a contract that you let a third party keep put up who doesnt know the trusted one. Have the trusted one know it too. So if they do turn it will be evident for the police it was them. Which actually would act as the very deterrent against a trusted one turning on you to where they are more likely not even going to think about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I wouldnt go that far, I just wouldnt tell the same people the same things.

As for the tree idea, I have/am using that idea. Not so much a tree house, but I do stash items in hollows of trees on my property. Wouldnt advise this in a public park, but out in the middle of nowhere, you should be fine. Just remember where it is.

join