It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Markets Smashed, Massive New Bailout Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

World Markets Smashed, Massive New Bailout Talks

finance.yahoo.com

The NIKKEI closed down 10%, and the FTSE is down 8%. The US and UK governments are working on a massive new bailout plan that might include:

Temporary guarantee of all bank deposits
Guarantee of all interbank lending
Capital injections into banks.
These are some of the critical recommendations put forth by many economists, including Nouriel Roubini and Paul Krugman. (Another is major new fiscal spending--a new New Deal).
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-10-2008 by savetimerushonline]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by savetimerushonline]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ok didn't they learn from the US bail out... that it doesn't work? Now they're gunna do and even bigger joint one? This is crazy.. they are purposely sabotaging the global makets and then offering bailout solutions that are really about the governments passing laws that give them Faschist type control over banks, and therefore over the economy!

It's crazy, because there is nothing we can do to stop this happening because the majority of the population are clueless to the bigger picture.. the fact that most people still believe the official version of 911 is proof of this!

All I can say is we are on the brink of WW3... I can see this crisis getting extremely ugly as countrys default on loans from other countries, and then one of them declares war on the other..

It's like, when you can't afford to pay some one back, so you try to advoid them, except in this case it's launch war against them.

But don't worry cuz our leaders say to remain calm... hehe.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Seriously . . . where is the US going to come up with more bailout money.

We've already got a monetary system based pretty much on faith as we're not on the gold standard.

When the goverenment says they're going to provide further bailout funds, it's kinda like me walking out onto the shop floor and saying I'm going to buy everyone an Escalade.

In order for anyone to be able to have faith in what they're being told, it has to be at least a little bit believable.

I'm sorry, but to me and clearly to the markets, the government is nowhere near believable in this regard.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

yeah this is crazy ae! the dow is plummeting at the moment.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not one to be normally paranoid , and working in Banking myself I am concerned about the markets, well actually not the markets but more worried about the standard of living that we as normal Joe Public have grown accustomed to. I have told the Wife, the Mother, and the rest of the family to start buying Pasta and Rice as well as Bottled water, and to buy a couple of fuel cans ready for the panic that will follow if the markets do collapse. That way when the SHTF we'll have at least some food and water and fuel to be able to live on.
As I've said to them I hope to God I'm wrong but they know I'm not a religeous person. I'd recommend you all do the same.
Coz the future doesn't look so rosy anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Revelation 6:3-4

"And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword."

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

You can't say the bailout doesn't work because the money hasn't gotten into the pipeline yet.

Mind you I don't think it will work but at least I know they are still setting it up and it needs time to prove it does or doesn't work before pronouncing it a failure.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here's a novel idea for the idiots in charge. How about you solve the problem that caused this mess rather than throwing more money at it. I know, they seem to think these bailouts will fix everything but in reality, it appears to be making a horrid situation that much worse.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The markets are doing great now! FTSE has climbed by almost 4%.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline

All I can say is we are on the brink of WW3... I can see this crisis getting extremely ugly as countrys default on loans from other countries, and then one of them declares war on the other..

As Britain has effectively already done against Iceland (and is now trying to find a way out after we remembered how Iceland whooped our arses last time around ....
)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabbagepatch

yeah the markets are showing random sudden burst of life.. but it's like some one chopping the head off a chook.. it still runs around for a lil bit even though it's dead.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

I think throwing money at the situation MAY be in order, but I think they're just throwing in the wrong direction.

Recapitalize the banks, recapitalize the LITTLE GUY (aka, consumer) ... but nooooooooooooooo we decide to buy some paper.

AB1

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

You are correct in that. As I said in another thread, what good is this bailout if the consumer has no buying power left to buy goods/services from these companies? In the end, these companies will fail anyway, they will end up filing for bankruptcy & we will be burdened with even more bad debts.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
MY THEORY ON FUTURE EVENTS FROM BANKING FALLOUT ARE:

1) Dollar plunges - planned plunge
2) Euro raises it profile due to funds moving into Euro based funds
3) Oil bourse moves from a previous Dollar based to Euro based bourse
4) North American Union comes into play to balance against EU Markets (plus Alaskan oil reserves are covered due to closness of Russian interests)
5) Euro becomes new Global based fund
6) NWO has global finance in place
7) World Bank becomes overseer of this finance

i am sure this will cause some comments but then thats what we are here for :-)

Valorian

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

The only comment I have on THIS, is that I want you to be wrong, yet I'm fearful that (while maybe all of them don't) some of what you said may well be true.

AB1

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

I would tend to agree with more of what you said, than i would disagree.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
wow, 200 more points down, and it'll hit 7000...

8218.22 -360.97

also found this on CNBC...

well, I did. The link says the article expired. I just read it not even 2 minutes ago. weird.

Anyway the title was "Jefferies' Hogan: Market Will Bottom Today"

Stupid CNBC. It was an interesting read.

Anyway it was stating that this man named Art Hogan was talking about how we may just see the bottom today.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

I will totally disagree that we will see a bottom ANY time soon. I'm sure that's just being said to hope to affect a relative few who aren't paying attention.

There is so much bad "paper" that needs to come to the surface that when it does, what we've seen so far is just the tip of titanics iceberg. Right now, the Dow is probably tanking based on the payout numbers floating around for CDS's. We still have WaMu, Wachovia to go through yet, and if you think Lehman's exposure was bad, just wait til you see WaMu's, which is probably just as bad.

AB1

[edit on 10-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Please direct your posts to this thread on the same subject, already in progress:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your posts. Thread closed.

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

new topics

top topics

join