It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Have you all seen this?

www.heyokamagazine.com...

I found this this morning and was not too surprised when I read it.

Do you guys think this is plausible?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Each one of these articles about martial law always states that it would be put into place if social unrest and chaos were to occur because of enomoic collapse.

Well how about people stop for a minute and use the thing inside the brain bucket instead of crying wolf.

If people dont go crazy and just relax and deal with things in a calm manner, then there would be no reason to enact martial law.

If people go crazy, then expect it.

So...now here is the BIG question that is SO easy to answer.

What will you do?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for that.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that if there is a repeat of 2000 and 2004 and/or the economy keeps tanking and the banks go under people will most likely be a little upset about that.

There are many reasons right now why people would freak out and telling people not to freak out about them won't really stop them will it? lol :p

Not being able to take their money out of the bank for food and gas will kinda put people in a bad place I would think.

Also I was not stating this was going to happen. I was giving exposure to the article so people would be aware of the possibilities.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think Americans have become to complacent to actually cause any civil unrest or chaos. I think our fore fathers would be ashamed of how lazy we have become with our government.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Its entirely plausible that the general public would react and react violently if those things mentioned came to pass. We haven't been this close to such potential chaos in I can't think when.
Its not that there is some foreign threat, but that things internally are so unpalatable to everyone from "Joe six-pack" to the community librarian at the same time.
I am sure that governments have always had "contingency" plans in place, but never we been so close to seeing them actually used, IMHO

new topics

top topics

join