It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more orange ufo's than we could count

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This was a snapshot of one of about a dozen objects, flying in a straight line at low altitude in North - N/E direction, fairly evenly spaced ( on their flight path), on a crystal clear August night - pulsating in light intensity and changing colour from orange to white. At times these lights projected a huge aura of light around themselves.

Please note this is a cropped out section of the original photo - and the lower
right hand light - is a road side street lamp.
I can guess that the objects were only a few thousand feet high ( if that)

Taken 30 Aug 2008 in S/W UK ( near North Bristl) on a 2 megapixel camera on mobile phone.

And the second shot is the same object - but just as I clicked to capture it, the object dimmed out - but is still visible if you zoom the image.
( I found some interesting results when images are filtered in various ways)

It was an unusual enough display in the night sky to stop numerous cars on busy roads and drew people from their cars to watch the silent, pulsating, glowing objects fly overhead.

Of course we (friends / bystanders etc.) tried to consider what logical explanations could be offered - but after having considered Chinese lanterns - to elaborate radio controlled models - we are at a complete loss as to what these UFOs could have been.
For some there - it seemed to make most sense that the line of orange pulsating lights were lanterns - so having noted the direction from which they were flying I checked the wind direction on the Met office website...
and to my astonishment the wind was blowing in opposite direction.

I cannot describe very easily quite how unusual the sight of the more objects than we could count was ... flying low, silently and pulsating in varying light intensity. It was exciting display to watch, but oddly was a very calm, subtle experience.

These brightly lit objects in the sky, were as far as we could see into the distance to the South and flying away from us to the North - so I want to underline the fact that this was a multiple sighting - and would have been stunning if it was just one object...
Unusual bright pulsating star like objects have been seen on occasion, in the locality of this sighting - but nothing as stunning as this event I describe to you now.

I will attempt to respond to any questions people may have.. and will upload the original pictures later.

And lastly, my friends who I was visiting at the time ran into his house to grab his Digi Camcorder- that fortunately had charged batteries... and he recorded this event. We are currently sourcing the missing Fire Wire leads to capture this digi tape footage into PC so we can extract individual frames for further investigation.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fianally a decent poster who shows us pics, bravo!

Well i admit i have no clue what they are and am unsure wether they are as extraordinary as i hope ( This is ATS after all!)

Well flag from me and i hope we get to see some of that video very soon.

Good day

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just to make sure, could it have been chinese lanterns you saw?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thankyou for your replies...

I did very much look into the Chinese Lantern idea... checking videos like the one linked and various retail outlets to research and compare - and I am not at all convinced that what we saw that evening was possibly paper lanterns.

The light source when it was at its brightest was much too intense.
( and these glow from bright orange to silver white as demonstrated in yet to be published video footage)

The uniformity of direction of flight, spacing and altitude of the individual objects was much too precise.

And the main reason why i cannot now consider lanterns is the fact that the wind was prevailing from completely the opposite direction.

And oddly the shape that you can see outlined the object - when the light is diminished (see my 2nd picture) does look remarkably flat and long...

So i can agree that the Chinese lantern theory is a very valid explaination for what many may presume to be some sort of mysterious UFO - as many have reported seeing strange looking ' orange lights' in the sky that a distance probably do defy explaination - but are most obviously from various
parties / celebrations that have released these.

But I can strongly disagree that the sighting that I describe to you could in anyway be considered to be lanterns.

Finally - I will leave you a quote from my friend who was video taping - when his partner said " could they be Chinese lanterns ? "

his reply in no uncertain terms " what ? flying in a f@*!#/g perfect straight line like that all at the same height ! "

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seenthem

hi there. You should ignore the lantern theory, when you've seen UFO Orbs you know what you've seen. They are real. Just like the pair in Close Encounters.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenthem
I checked the wind direction on the Met office website...
and to my astonishment the wind was blowing in opposite direction.

Wind direction is the direction from which the wind blows.
At 8:00 the wind was from the SSE which means an object moving with the wind would be moving NNW. At 9:00 the wind was from the SSW, objects would have be moving NNE. At 10:00 objects would have been moving North.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks to the previous poster, for clearing up the oversight with the wind direction factor.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There seems to many different theories, that attempt to offer explanation for this kind of phenomenon.
We have no claim to say we got sight of anything specific.

Whether they were elaborate radio control models, or yet to be discovered energies & components in nature or even
other worldly devices - it is unknown to us..

We choose to keep an open mind...

This next picture is an artist impression of a similar sighting elsewhere in the UK recently, but I think it is a fair representation of what we saw - except for there were 10, 12, 14 or 16 orange lights in a long, straight, uniform line - passing us overhead.

Next follows a series of images that are various filters put over picture1 in my first post... and my intention was to attempt to filter out as much noise in the picture and try to be left with outlines on object.

And these are what I ended up with ...

I would just like to remind readers that this frame was captured while I was attempted to photograph one of the orange lights while it was glowing intensely - but in that split second its light had dimmed ... so I was in fact aiming at a bright glow but captured this by chance.
Please feel free to apply filters to the images to try to find the edges of the object captured in my pictures.

Lastly, it still very much baffles me, what these things were that could change from bright orange to silver and white and at times be completely unseen... and this is not the only time very unusual lights in the sky have been witnessed in this locale.
There is a rash of other reports all over the UK relating to these orange UFO's.
So, we are no position to state what these lights are - but the sightings of such objects is certainly on the increase... and at the very least inspires curiosity.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No saucers yet only lanterns.

What will the aliens think of next.

ED: Its UK... then its fire lanterns.

ED+: A flat craft with two hot dots... eeekkk a flying
Tesla Free Energy Triangle...

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seenthem

I have a video. Same orange lights project faces with orange light .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
NBC just reported that these orange lights originated from Trumps hair, they emerged in a smarmy gas of smugness, multiplied, and soared into the heavens.
edit on 9 by AshFan because: grammar

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Lanterns is the most likely explanation how exactly do you work out the height when you don't know the size of objects or distance

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Mobile camera 2mp 2008, I see no exif data attached to your images but the iso wont be high the shutter speed wont be that quick so you would never get a worthwhile image.

I have to wonder why people put filters on such poor quality images what do you think it's going to show

The images are noisy and the dark images just enhance the edges of the pixels that are the noise in the image.

This video below is an excellent way to show lanterns at night from a drone

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Nice snapshot

top topics

join