It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that stay with you..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ever have one of those dreams that are so powerful that you can remember them years and years after they happen?
What are these dreams?
Glimpses of the future? the past? another life? another dimension?
Some people do not remember any dreams at all.. so why is it that others remember dreams for decades or more?
I have had a handful of such dreams in my lifetime.. had another one recently which I am sure will be a new one to add to the list of those unforgetable dreams. Often the concepts that are relayed in these dreams are almost enlightening. This most recent one was just confusing and strange...

What are your thoughts on these dreams that don't leave you?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Okay, I've had several dreams that might be "glimpses of another life or another dimension." About eighteen months ago I had a very powerful dream that might be a warning or explanation of some kind. I do know what you mean when you talk about dreams that are unforgettable.

However, I think it's much more likely that dreams are either a way of working out problems, or just random junk floating around the subconscious. If they're a way of working out problems then maybe when dreams don't leave you it means the issues in those dreams haven't been addressed yet. If dreams are just random junk... well, maybe they were just fun dreams you don't want to forget (or compelling dreams you can't forget), but nothing more.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I believe we dream for a reason. Why? I don't know. Personally, I agree and disagree with SA. I think part of the reason we dream is to "work stuff out" that we are unable or unwilling to in waking/conscious life. I don't think dreams are just "random junk" floating arround.

I recall my dreams 3-4 nights a week. They typically are very vivid.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The dreams that have stayed in my consciousness are so trivial and banal I wonder why I even dreamed them in the first place. Usually about places Ive never been and really have no desire to do so. odd.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I don't consciously recall my dreams, but some times things in life make me recall some dreams I had in a spontaneous way.

I thought this thread was about dreams that repeat themselves. That happens to me sometimes, usually dreams that are like two years old. Some even have been repeated 3 times. The funny thing is that they all start the same way but then the dreams "story" continues and adds something new.
This happened to me more frequently on my childhood. Now I'm 17 and I don't recall this phenomena. By frequently I say like two or three different dreams get repeat with 9 months to 2 years interval one to three times.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i amnot sure if these dreams i keep remembering all my life really mean something?
in general i am very insecure if dreams really mean something!

but yeah there are dreams i am remembering, some of them i dream again and again.
sometimes the persons in the dream change
in my teens my favorite popstar used to be one of the persons, later on his role was taken by my hubby

some of these dreams have been very scary dreams although i wouldn.t classify them as nightmares.

some i must have dreamt again and again to be able to remember them, (those where nightmares) they used to become more and more clear after long years
one of them stopped haunting me since i splitted with my hubby - but i dreamt that dream long before i even met him

on the otherhand there are also ON-dreams to be remembered for life.

somebody once told me i should try to explain my dreams and gave me the link to a website where you can check symbolism of dreams.
i once studied psychology and yeah read sigmund freud The Interpretation of Dreams but yet i am not very convinces, since he could only refer to the way of living and way of thinking of his age.
is it the same with our age?

sorry if it sounds a bit confused

top topics

join