It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Jerusalem land claim worries Israelis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Russia's Jerusalem land claim worries Israelis

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM - The Russians are coming to downtown Jerusalem, reclaiming ownership of a landmark with the approval of the Israeli government, just as Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visits Moscow to try to iron out serious policy differences between the two countries.

After years of contacts, Olmert's Cabinet agreed Sunday to hand over the small tract known as Sergei's Courtyard. The area, which once accommodated Russian pilgrims visiting the Holy Land [...]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by DJMessiah]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
These negotiations seem to me like bargaining tools to keep Russia from interfering in any future Israeli wars. The Isreali Prime Minister is visiting Russia currently to convince the Russians to keep from selling Iran any fighter jets, that would hurt the Israeli's invasion of Iran.

Israelis who oppose any other religion/race claiming land have heavily opposed this measure.

Now since this land is returned to the Christians, what will Palestinian/Israeli conflict be like with a 3rd party involved?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

[edit] Title did not post correctly due to apostraphy after Russia, had to change it to show correctly.

new topics

join