It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerome Corsi, anti-Obama author, detained in Kenya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Jerome Corsi, anti-Obama author, detained in Kenya

www.timesonline.co.uk

A leading American neo-conservative author has been detained by immigration authorities in Kenya as he tried to launch a book smearing Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow, Jerome Corsi detained today. I know of him through the Infowars network. Alex Jones has interviewed him several times.

Just thought I would pass on. I am not sure if they are valid in his arrest, or why they really detained him. He was a 9-11 Truther, and claims he retracted his statements.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Immigration officials claim he had been detained because he did not have a work permit, however one of Dr Corsi's assistants said he was "just answering some questions".

Carlos Maluta, a senior immigration official in charge of investigations, said Dr Corsi did not have a work permit. "We still haven’t decided what to do with him," he told The Associated Press.

That's the official reason. Dunno what's true.

Here is the title of his book: The Obama Nation Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here is an article...

worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah, a "work permit". Was he working for a Kenyan company? Was he receiving a paycheck from a Kenyan employer? Or did he just happen to be breathing Kenyan air while he worked on a story for a publisher in the states?

Sounds completely drummed up to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Apparently he had other agendas while he was there outside of his book. Article says the doc wrote a check for a thousand dollars to give to George Obama. I don't know how that played out, but maybe that was a part of it. Personally I think that act is totally lame... obviously he doesn't care about Georges welfare and was just doing that so he could include it in the book.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When my wife and I were in Kenya with Unicef, we had to get work permits 9 weeks in advance.

Even with the permits, our whole group was detained for 2 days for no apparent reason. It wasn't that bad though and we enjoyed some very pleasant barbecued goat.

African travel is an intense affair.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

Well that pretty much says it all then

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
extreme radical left views

Please.

I have extreme radical left views. Obama is not extreme.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Please, don't get me started on this bigoted idiot again: www.abovetopsecret.com...

They tend not to care too much for flagrant racists in Kenya.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
Even with the permits, our whole group was detained for 2 days for no apparent reason. It wasn't that bad though and we enjoyed some very pleasant barbecued goat.

And what got you "undetained"? Filling out more paperwork or paying someone off?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Neither, after they were satisfied with whatever it was they were actually looking for we were released.

Our Swiss Unicef host was so accostomed to this kind of thing that they actually had a semi permanent tent area outside the check area.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
AAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

I hate this guy! He's a liar and has already been called out as one on TV! He had no rebuttal to being called a liar after being proven to have written a book full of em'.
Here's a few gems for y'all.....

Corsi: "Boy buggering in both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press."

Corsi calls Senator Hillary Clinton "Hillary FAT HOG Clinton," and he calls John Kerry "John #ing Commie Kerry." "

Anybody ask why HELLary [sic] couldn't keep BJ Bill satisfied?" Corsi asks. "Not lesbo or anything, is she?"

And on Kerry: "After he married TerRAHsa, [sic] didn't John Kerry begin practicing Judiasm? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?"

Jerome Corsi is a liar.Yeah that's right. A liar.

I hope he has to share a cell with a really large, angry, muslim , gay black man. That would be poetic justice.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
UPDATE-

He just got deported. Serves the lying idiot right. I hope there is a special place in hell waiting for him.

Grafilthy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No doubt he managed to annoy the wrong Kenyan official.

As Grafilthy has pointed out, the man is a nut, given to writing and saying crazy stuff.

A junket to manufacture dirt on Obama, who is wildly popular in Kenya, isn't going to go over too well there.

From what I have read about George Obama, he probably would have told Corsi where he could stick his check anyway

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We can't have news of someone helping Obama's brother when he won't. That wouldn't be good publicity

Is this what we are in for if Obama becomes President? If you oppose Obama be very careful when traveling overseas?

Be afraid....be very afraid.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

If I shared your view on things I would definitely be very afraid to travel overseas RRCon

As for helping Obama's half brother George. Are you serious man? You honestly think the doc had some altruistic feeling in his heart that compelled him to travel all the way to Africa to deliver a check for $1,000 to him?...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Last I heard, George was pretty self sufficient, and said he neither wanted or needed any financial help from his brother.

He didn't seem to understand why anyone thought Barack should be sending him money when he was interviewed by CNN, in fact he seemed rather insulted by the idea.

new topics

top topics

join