It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devices?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
OK so I am not a big fan of ghost hunters but I am getting to a point of frustration that I am wanting to get some sort of official means of detecting paranormal activity.
What devices are there available that are proven scientifically to work?
Are any proven?

A lil help from my fellow atsers would be greatly appreciated here.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This Site has some information that may be of use to you...

As for being proven, well, I would think the equipment used works in what ever capacity they are supposed to, but from all the videos I have seen, it's all still subjective results...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks... that is pretty much the same stuff the ghost hunters use.. I was hoping for some different things.. I do not know how much faith I put in EMF detectors.
sigh

I want proof!

I do like the trigger object idea though

ty

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
...proven scientifically...and ghosts/spirits/insert-term-here...

...not really two concepts I'd be putting in the same sentence really...

I'm certainly a believer - but I also think that maybe its a case of attempting to use an apple machine to sort oranges...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
TY alien. I agree. It is just frustrating to not have a way to properly scientifically measure a phenomenon.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Allow me to preface this reply by stating this is just my own understanding/opinion...

What's frustrating about it?

Though I have to admit here I am often frustrated at work on the occasions that Clinical understanding/knowledge overrides Cultural understandings/knowledge and the perspectives and advisement such things can provide (in brief I work in a Mental Health service that combines - although at times we do struggle to - Eurocentric Clinical Methods with Cultural/Spiritual Methods/awareness...will no doubt post a separate thread in time to expand on that)

But...what's frustrating about it?

I guess when I feel frustrated I know I need to check my own motivations.
On reflection I then find I am often feeling frustrated due to my own need to be validated - or to have what I believe in validated.

When really these *things*...this understanding, world, perspective, call it what you will requires no validation from us, from anyone.

It holds its own integrity, its own - as my people say - Mana (prestige/power/strength etc) It doesn't require any of us to validate it for it simply is. It stands on its own.

So perhaps, in a way, for us to attempt to be definer and decider (heh, in some ways I may well be doing that by even posting this...but its not my intention) and defender of those *things* we may well be in some ways dishonouring it by not acknowledging its own ultimate autonomy and soveriegnty.

It really isn't about us, or our needs. In my own opinion we are servant - not master.

...dunno if that made ANY sense...but hey...

Peace.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is frustrating in that I have had and continue to have many strange and annoying things go on around me and there is no way to definately know one way or the other what the hell I am dealing with.

that is what is frustrating.

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Well if your prior posts are eligible, it seems they've already scientifically proven ghosts

top topics

join