It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Delays "October 14th,2008" Atlantis Hubble Mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Latest on October 14th,2008 date,lot of things start shoing up and if they all are just coincident we don't know.First it was strange shape formation on Google earth all over world and now.NASA has delayed the October 14 launch of the Atlantis space shuttle, NASA news reports. National Aeronautics and Space Administration said the problem was first detected on Saturday.

Source: www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

And before that we already discussed about Google earth weird blank images.www.abovetopsecret.com...

SO GUYS WHATS REALLY GOING ON? this TIME SOMETHING BIG COMING OR JUST AN ANOTHER HOAX WITH COINCIDENTAL?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The Akashic Records are an ethereal library, offering infinite information regarding every creation in the Universe. There is a unique Akashic Record for every period of time, including each month.

www.akashictransformations.com...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_contact
Latest on October 14th,2008 date,lot of things start shoing up and if they all are just coincident we don't know.First it was strange shape formation on Google earth all over world and now.

The 'anomalies' seen on Google Earth were simply missing satellite data. I assumed this would be quite obvious and the most logical explanation.

NASA has delayed the October 14 launch of the Atlantis space shuttle, NASA news reports.

The rest of that paragraph reads.....

The news article also mentioned that a team of scientists are trying to reconfigure the telescope this week.
"NASA's Hubble operations team does believe it will be ready to reconfigure the telescope this week. If the team is successful, the telescope could resume operating immediately. Atlantis could then be immediately re-scheduled."

Simply put, the scientists have had a hiccup in their preparations for repairs/reconfiguration and need the extra time to work it out.

The other possibility is that the weather forecasts indicate that an earlier launch would be dangerous.

COINCIDENTAL?

Bingo!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Simply put, the scientists have had a hiccup in their preparations for repairs/reconfiguration and need the extra time to work it out.

Well of course they came up with that excuse.
Who would have believed them if they said a 2000 mile space ship was going to make it impossible to proceed with the mission.

*wink*

...taps...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo_contact

This is so not a coincidence!

Look:

October 14, 1968 was the first live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft. It was Apollo 7.

AND in 1962, The Cuban Missile Crisis begins: A U-2 flight over Cuba takes photos of Soviet nuclear weapons being installed.

It all adds up doesn't it??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

In my opinion, just an illuminati game plan. They are USING the name of the Galactic Federation in order to give credibility, or distraction, to what they are going to do.

Rush job employing satellite and missile communications at the Rock Island Arsenal in December last year - Wing-ed's 2nd hand report from church

The big straight split in the Antarctic Ice shelf in March.

These geometric displays in the Arctic and over Australia on Google Earth

Could be

hmmmm............. HAARP (magnetic switch at the Gakona) magnetometer on the 25th September, EISCAT (norway), Woodpecker (russia), SuperDARN radiators at the two poles.

What else?

Ah! The Omega ELF through the ground transmitters.

The last channeled message from Blossom Goodchild did say there would be a slight earthquake right through the earth.

THE DOOM did predict that things would start up in March. Well, they did!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Look:

October 14, 1968 was the first live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft. It was Apollo 7.

AND in 1962, The Cuban Missile Crisis begins: A U-2 flight over Cuba takes photos of Soviet nuclear weapons being installed.

Adds up to what?
Since you are a fan of This day in history. Pick any day. Try your birthday for example. Guess what something happens every day.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Hubble problems and the Shuttle launch have been in the news for a week or so, I know it sounds a little daft, but what the Shuttle does or does not do, I doubt would have any effect or bearing on the sudden appearance of a 2000 mile wide ship, if we all wake up to such an event, it's a given that firing any object into orbit might be construed as being a hostile action.

My guess would be they would have just waited until the 14th to announce the delay if it had anything to do with such an event, not bring attention to it well in advance.

I think the appearance of such a vast object, and the announcement that they were delaying launch until they better understood would be the prudent thing to do, and would be well understood by the general population, delaying it now, would just give fuel to the fact the Governments have known for a long time they existed, surely it would be better to be just as surprised as the rest of us?

My opinion on what will happen if anything, is I hope something will hurry up and happen, I hope it does, for the LOVE of mankind we need something to happen, even just a small ray of hope would do, however like everyone else, I have to wait and see, I am the judge of nobody, and i need convincing of nothing, even if nothing happens, I still need convincing of nothing, and as sure as the sky is blue, I won't be laughing at the lady, each to their own so to speak.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Adds up to what? Some random tidbits of information? Completely unrelated things?

I must know what it adds up to! The suspense is killing me!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
oct 14 is gonna be a huge day, just huge. huge because it's going to be more of a letdown than other days.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by desire_of_truth

In my opinion, just an illuminati game plan. They are USING the name of the Galactic Federation in order to give credibility, or distraction, to what they are going to do.

I cannot believe you just said they are using GFL for credibility???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey guys you know when your in a party of twenty people and two people have the same birthday,

everyone goes WOW and thinks its "significant" or special, against the odds, but look up the results, its easy to find,

you will be amazed at the odds!

same here on these particular issues, not blanking out a October surprise, however this is not the event imho

Regards

elf.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Look:

Adds up to what?
Since you are a fan of This day in history. Pick any day. Try your birthday for example. Guess what something happens every day.

Originally posted by SweetRevenge

Adds up to what? Some random tidbits of information? Completely unrelated things?

I must know what it adds up to! The suspense is killing me!

Guys, you totally missed my sarcasm there lol.

I should have added some
to the post.
Sorry for the confusion

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We really need a [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] thingy.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
# 1834 - In Philadelphia, Whigs and Democrats stage a gun, stone and brick battle for control of a Moyamensing Township election, resulting in one death, several injuries, and the burning down of a block of buildings.

# 1958 - The U.S. conducts an underground nuclear weapon test at the Nevada Test Site.

# 1968 - First live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft Apollo 7.

# 1968 - The rebuilt Euston railway station in London is opened.
(Extensive but superficial damage was caused to the station by an IRA bomb which exploded close to a snack bar at approximately 13.10 on the 10 September 1973, injuring eight commuters.)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have come to a conclusion regarding this matter:

1) If true, then it proves that TPTB read this website and gained their information through Ms. Blossom's statement.

2) NASA realized that launching the shuttle from Florida, when a 2,000 mile wide spaceship is floating over Alabama, would probably be a bad idea as the shuttle would likely splat against the underside of said spaceship.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good stuff guys/gals,

I don't believe that a 2000 mile wide craft is going to show up over Alabama next Tuesday, because if it does I should be able to walk out front of my place, and see it too, ok maybe climb on my roof. No, I think a craft of that size would panic everyone in the world, not just here. Think of the tech needed to build something of that size. I think ET is smarter than that.

If something does appear over Alabama that day, I doubt it would be much bigger than perhaps, a couple hundred feet wide. The Government can then claim.............it's just ours. In my opinion, anything bigger isn't ours. Facts to back it up? nope, just my opinion.

I do believe in ET, but I also believe nearly everything we see, is ours. The enormous glowing red ball I witnessed 2 1/2 years ago? Not ours.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

OMG!
what is it with you americans...?!?

no matter if 10.14. story is bollocks or not but...

the said "Alabama" is not the USA alabama, get that into your heads

there IS a World wide place outside USA called "The Rest of Planet Earth" you know...

jezs...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by darkraver]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here is your answer, it is dated from the 30th September but being a news article NASA may have known about it for weeks and attempting a fix around before having to announce a delay.

New Scientist Article

A critical failure on the Hubble Space Telescope has forced NASA to delay its mission to upgrade the observatory until at least February 2009. That will allow NASA to test and prepare a replacement part for launch, NASA officials said on Monday. The agency had planned to send the space shuttle Atlantis on a mission to repair and upgrade the telescope in just two weeks' time. But on Saturday, operators discovered problems with a device that stores and transmits most of the probe's science data. There are actually two identical versions of the device, called the Control Unit/Science Data Formatter, on the telescope. Side A failed, but engineers hope to bring the identical Side B online in the next few weeks to continue the telescope's science activities. Still, that will leave Hubble with no backup for the crucial system. So the agency plans to send up a full replacement, which is currently in storage at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. "We want to make sure we leave Hubble as healthy as we possibly can," Ed Weiler, NASA's associate administrator for science, told reporters.

New Scientist Article

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join