It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

´Threads´1984 Nuclear war film (Must see)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm in the film! It was filmed in Sheffield where I live and I was there outside the City Hall when they filmed on the steps.... though you can't really tell it's me, I just know I was stood where one of the camera shots pans over the crowd.

Great film and very scary. Though I always find the thunderbird-esque effects when Woolworths gets blown up!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiseToAddiction
I'm in the film! It was filmed in Sheffield where I live and I was there outside the City Hall when they filmed on the steps.... though you can't really tell it's me, I just know I was stood where one of the camera shots pans over the crowd.

Kudos to you

You've been in one of those rare films that ,once you watch it ,you never forget it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Seeing this post pop up again has made me think,

If one was made today with the abilities of modern Hollywood and film etc, it would be very very powerful and very effective.

In fact it may even spark a new wave of membership for the wonderful

CND

The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) campaigns for international nuclear disarmament and tighter international arms regulation through agreements such as the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. It opposes military action that may result in the use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons and the building of nuclear power stations in the UK.

CND was formed in 1957 and has been at the forefront of the peace movement in the United Kingdom for fifty years. It claims to be Europe's largest single-issue peace campaign. Since 1958 it has organised the Aldermaston March, which is held over the Easter weekend from Trafalgar Square, London, to the Atomic Weapons Establishment near Aldermaston.

Wiki on CND

Some even scarier info at the CND website about the realities of modern nuclear war, and what it would mean for you and your loved ones, the costs both in money and environment to build these things, hey have a look now Here

I doubt though a modern film would ever be made to show this, fantasy is best maybe something quite likely and that we plan to do to each other is too scarey for the average Joe, and the costs of these vile things raises a lot of unanswered questions in the current financial situation, and would make a big impact in stopping world depression if the monies were spent on public works, or such like.

The financial figures are Here

kind Regards,

Elf
CND

new topics

<< 1   >>

join