It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil company PR on Colbert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.colbertnation.com...

Tell me that's not what the Oil companies and the elite think of us with a straight face, I challenge you. As most of us know prescott is the name of bush's grandpappy and there is no real prescott oil. Put 2 and 2 together. This is great work by one of the best shows on TV.

In general the field of advertising and PR disgusts me to no end. To be blunt it's brainwashing, nlp, deception, whatever you want to call it. There's no hiding it.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by CapsFan8]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey my first star, whoever that was thank you!

This post is basically a bump. I'd like to hear what you think.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Does laughing at the problem really do justice to its importance?

Certain things are beyond humour. The concept of an elite that has used corporations to fund genocides for over a century and steal the technological advances that would prevent us from destroying our planet somehow makes this otherwise well executed attempt at humour fall flat on it's face.

It's a bit like doing stand up at your grandma's funeral.

You wanted what I think, there it is, raw.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I generally laugh and sigh at the same time when watching. If I spent my entire day on here worrying I'd be a miserable wreck.

I was just delighted something like this was pointed out on actual TV. Too rare.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I do too, the above post was the intelectualised on reflection viewpoint.

Colbert is indeed funny. But my point stands, there are a whole lot of glomy and dangerous things on the horizon that people have to be aware of and give importance to, because if those things don't reach group consciousness level our species could be outmaneuvered by some wacko or just plain hubris and we could end up exterminated by own detachedness.

Most of the time I just detach though, being worried all the time is pointless, so I can agree with your post. But it's a hell of a big *Sigh*.

new topics

top topics

join