It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Worried About--President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of heated debate and comments about who would be better for President of the US-Barack Obama or John McCain then...

It Hit me!

What does the President really do and how much control does the president really have. From my understanding (although quite limited on politics) a President only has complete control of the army. Even in that regards they don't have full control in the sense that they cannot give money for weapons without congress approval.

I believe that the founding fathers are geniuses, the way they set up the government in my opinion is amazing. There is so much checks and balances to prevent Government from getting out of hand. They have congress and Senate!! Think about that, Congress and Senate- These two groups of government watches the President and have control over what he/she does.

So with that said. If Obama wins and decides he wants Universal Health care, which most republicans are against what power does he have beside trying to sell the idea to congress etc to get funding for it. Ultimately the same can be said if he wanted to Legalize Drugs or Make Alcohol Illegal.

If I'm wrong in this assumption please correct me as I noted before, my understanding of politics is Limited.

So does it really matter if Obama or McCain win? Isn't it the people we elect in Congress and Senate that really makes the decisions. All the president really does is make ideas and hope they get passed.

There are a few areas where a president can influence certain decisions. One is the selection of Supreme court judges which is huge.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
At this point, it doesn't matter who is president. They've both been bought and paid a long time ago.

It is obvious to me now the government is broken beyond repair. The constitution is fine, but we need to reboot the system. Everyone involved in government needs to be tossed out of office.

join