It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

death possible from mind only?

page: 1

join
share:
kim

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
ok.

this might sound weird but i think i can get across what i mean.

is it possible to kill yourself just by mind? maybe by convincing yourself that youre dying- REALLY convinced, not just playing around. ive heard about ppl who can stop their own heartbeat, cut off nerves mentally and stopped brain activity completely although theyre completely healthy. so, it sounds possible... or would the body naturally fight to stay alive and "ignore" the brain?

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There are people who do convince themselves that they are very sick and dying even though they are fine. In one case there was a person who belived that he was dying and had some horible disseas when in all reality his body had nothing causing him to be dying other them him believing he was. Their was then put on some trible dance thing for him which convinced him that he was ok and he began to become heathy again.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well yeah it may be possiable. The mind is a strange thing..

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
kim,

I don't think your question is weird at all. I believe that a person can will themself dead. I once knew of a case where a couple were married, for over fifty years. The husband fell ill with cancer and died. Three days later the wife died. She was healthy as far as the docs were concerned.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think it�s more then possible. I mean some times placebos work very well. Just because we think they will. So why can�t work the other way around to think ones dead till ones dead very possible especially if there already close to death.

new topics

top topics

join