It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exuberant Conspiring: We are the Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What is the conspiracy? The conspiracy is that there is no conspiracy. I would prefer not to be taken the wrong way, so I will state my position. I do agree with much of what is said on this website. That aside, I feel that this forum is, was, and is continuing to be a place to obtain a form social hierarchy (ATS points) by posting threads that are "extreme" in nature. Most participants of this forum do not post threads in search of the truth; they post threads in search of praise in the form of "points." I will not even narrow this down into "they." We post threads in search of POINTS. This has become a silly game, a game of folly in search of self benefit. I do it. You do it. We do it. They do it. We do not search for truth; we search for exuberant conspiracy.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
... and no one will reply because they are afraid the I am correct. I am. I am not trying to be presumptuous, rude, or arrogant. Take a look a around. What is it that you see in opposition to what I am saying?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

It's just human nature. People seek acknowledgment and have a desire to aquire and hoard stuff; anything really (i.e. Money, points, medals, jellybeans, etc.).

Most people are looking for entertainment and an escape from reality. One persons passion for researching a particular subject may not be the same as anothers. Often times to jump into someone else research midstream is very difficult and time consuming.

The truth of getting down to what is really going on is elusive, always changing, difficult to pinpoint and often almost un-believable to the researcher himself.

It's also trial and error. You may get many facts correct and some facts wrong. Your conclusions can also be right or wrong given your facts.

Good luck

[edit on 29-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything
would appear to man as it is infinite.
For man has closed himself up. till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern.

-William Blake

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

It's just human nature. People seek acknowledgment and have a desire to aquire and hoard stuff; anything really (i.e. Money, points, jellybeans, etc.).

Just because something is in the nature of the majority does not make it correct. Trying to gather up all the "stuff" helps no one but the gathering party and its counterparts.

The truth of getting down to what is really going on is elusive, always changing, difficult to pinpoint and often almost un-believable to the researcher himself.

The chase is what make the truth worthwhile. Would we search if everything was at arms reach?

Nonetheless, you bring up very good points.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I don't care what William Blake said; I care what you have to say. What do you have to say?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

I did not reply because I was playin' a computer game. haha. You are right though. I go on this website for the thrill, the knowledge, and definitely the points! Spot on, nothing wrong with it. I have said many times that people seem to want to make a conspiracy for themselves. They naturally desire what is called esoteric knowledge and once they have it, they cling to it like a religion, defending it until something bigger and better comes along and they move to it in the name of "denying ignorance." This of course does not go for everyone on this website by any means. But it is silly how often someone puts in a news snippet about something a bit weird and the first reply is all about the NWO. And it gets 4 stars or more. Some people need to learn what denying ignorance actually is. They need to go on google, go to a library, check facts, and learn to think critically before spewing out refuse onto this joyously gray-shaded website.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I believe the psychological term for what you are doing is 'projection'.
I am of the belief that simply obtaining points is NOT the goal of the majority of ATS users, though of course some (and I can name a few) are indeed of that mindset. I was a lurker for a long time and finally joined simply because of the very real sense of sincerity that so many members exhibit, and the real, legitimate search for truth.
So I think you're just one of the minority who really is in it just for the points and recognition.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Wow, nice twisted view you have there.

I know I'm here to gain knowledge, find answers, and help others to do so. That's the best part, it is a community thing.

Off course, it is nice to get recognition, but that's not what it is about.

I would never be able to speak about the things we speak about on ATS, in my social environment, people just don't understand or/and care.

So your are telling me the majority of people here on ATS, are in it for some meaningless, virtual points?

Pff, get out of here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Yup, that's me. Point whore and extreme thread writer.

Not everything is about piano playing headless aliens in government office, ya know.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
...Most participants of this forum do not post threads in search of the truth; they post threads in search of praise in the form of "points." I will not even narrow this down into "they." We post threads in search of POINTS. This has become a silly game, a game of folly in search of self benefit. I do it.....

I believ what you are doing is called 'projecting'.

You are taking what you would do in a given situation and applied that to all of us - which is wrong and blatantly ignorant.

Clearly you created this thread to get approval and it is obvious that you no meaningful knowledge has been contributed. Instead all you have done is insult the members of the board with your insinuations.

Do you think that this site exists solely to enlarge our egos, as your OP implies?

Is that truly how you feel about the members of this site?

If it is - then just stop visiting the site or at least stop making threads like this, which are insulting and that contain unfounded insinuations about members and moderators alike.... You see, you have included moderators in your OP also, as they tend to make a lot of threads - they must therefore be doing it for the reasons you suggest.

All of us make threads, and not for the purposes that you have accused us of.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
reply to post by Epsillion70

I don't care what William Blake said; I care what you have to say. What do you have to say?

Thank you,
All I would like to say is;
"No one is right or wrong here. Just the perceptions are different that's all."

Sometimes its like we are all sitting around the same "Druidic" tree of life in an open field in the country on a nice temperate sunny day and we are taking it in turns commenting on how are individual view of this tree of life,
"Is way better than anyone Else's."

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Points matter not for me. I think it's more of a case that the OP has reached a confusing dead end in his/her search and is taking it out on the rest of the community.

Unlucky... But don't drag everyone into your perception.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As they say,
"If the shoe fits, wear it."
If not move on and be happy and at peace that you are not of that reality.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Dude, if you hang around ATS long enough you will be able to tell who posts for points and who posts out of passion, conviction and a desire to find the truth.

BTW, no conspiracy? Have you turned on the news? Half of the crap that is going down has been posted on ATS for 1 -2 years.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Points? What points? The ATS points? If that's what you're referring to (I don't see any other points... hey why do I suck at BTS points? what are those anyway?) I know I don't even know how I get them, and I bet most people on here don't. What I do know is that I can use 'em to get more upload space, u2u space, and some profile stuff?... Am I playin the fool?!?!?! should I not be using them? Should I be hoarding them so i can WIN the game?!?!?!? And if I do WIN the game, what do I get? Does it mean my wee wee is the biggest? Oh golly! I sure hope so!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not me I actually ignore the points ...and I dont give too many stars out at all .
I agree that some do take it to the extreme ..
They are point horders lol ...and in need of attention ..(some not all)

top topics

join